ENGIE Services is a provider of energy efficiency, facility management services and outsourcing for companies and communities. Our experts design, develop and manage tailored, smart and sustainable solutions for our customers’ benefit from airports to office parks and industrial sites.
ENGIE Services is part of ENGIE in North America, which manages a range of energy businesses in the U.S. and Canada, including electricity generation and cogeneration, natural gas and liquefied natural gas (LNG) distribution and sales, retail energy sales and energy optimization services. ENGIE (formerly GDF SUEZ) employs 154,950 people worldwide.
Job Title: Building Operator (York Region)
Job Location: York Region Bus Facilities
Position Status: Permanent, Full time
Work Shifts Rotation
Number of positions to be filled: 1
Schedule: Be available to work on day shifts (7 h 00 am to 3 h 30 pm), afternoon shifts (1 h 30 pm to 10h 00 pm and on weekends (7 h 00 am to 3 h 00 pm). * The schedule may change regarding the needs of the operations.
Under the authority of the Maintenance Supervisor, Building Operator performs diverse manual tasks concerning building maintenance and operations. Note: this position will need to work in different facilities in York Region and will need to travel between them.
- Execute preventative and corrective maintenance routines as assigned.
- Interact with and direct external contractors as required.
- Assist in maintaining the facilities in order to provide comfort to all occupants;
- Complete scheduled Preventive and Corrective Maintenance tasks within agreed upon Service Level Agreement (SLA);
- Carry out daily inspections in the buildings;
- Receive inquiry calls from client’s personnel, record in CMMS and take appropriate actions;
- Support in small projects and minor repairs, such as patching and painting, tiling, flooring and minor plumbing and electrical repairs, (Non energized), carpentry and furniture moves;
- Maintenance of all types of doors and their hardware;
- Minor plumbing such as unclogging drains and faucet repairs;
- General cleanup of the work areas and technical rooms;
- Under minimal direction, work directly from the work orders provided from the CMMS;
- Use hand and power tools and other equipment, as necessary, to complete assignments;
- Follows all company safety and security procedures;
- Enter and complete work orders utilizing the mobile CMMS provided;
- Completes all other tasks required by his immediate
- High School diploma or equivalent;
- Previous experience in a commercial facility maintenance role;
- Able to use handheld portable devices to process work orders within CMMS;
- Able to move and lift loads. The candidate needs to satisfy the physical activities of the job;
- Ability and willingness to work in all types of adverse conditions such as extreme weather, enclosed spaces and heights up to 50 feet;
- Ability to pass all background checks and security screenings;
- Valid Driver’s License;
- Must be available on call outside business hours (on a rotational basis);
- Experience in technical background including but not limited to: Refrigeration Class B Operator, Gas Technician (G2 or 3) (assets);
- Repair/maintenance to HVAC and building controls (an asset).
- Safety conscious;
- Client oriented service approach;
- Close attention to details;
- Good sense of priorities;
- Communication skills in English;
- Able and willing to work as well as a team or individually;
- Able to work with minimum supervision;
- Creative problem.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
We thank all applicants. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- HVAC: 1 year (Preferred)
- commercial facility maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)
- CMMS: 1 year (Preferred)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Preferred)
- Greater Toronto Area, ON (Required)
- Refrigeration Class B Operator, Gas Technician (G2 or 3) (Preferred)
- BES (Preferred)
- English (Required)