Survey Crew Chief
Established in 2008, Foresite Geomatics Ltd. has successfully operated throughout Western Canada and services a vast range of clients. We offer services such as Construction Survey, Buried Utility Locating, Drone Survey, Ground Penetrating Radar, 3D Laser Scanning and Technical Consulting.
Our mission is simple - we strive to serve our clients with the highest standard of service while continuously ensuring the protection of the health and safety of all employees and stakeholders, as well as well as to continue to preserve and protect the environment.
We are known for our investment in leading-edge survey and line locating equipment and strive to employ some of the most highly skilled workers in our field. As we continue to expand our organization and our scopes of work, we look forward to having spectacular talent join the Foresite Geomatics Team!
Foresite is currently looking to fill a Survey Crew Chief position; the position is subject to a 3-month probationary period. This is a union-based position through operating engineers and will be subject to good standing members or initiation/registration dues.
Fort McMurray, AB - The role will be primarily based at Suncor Base Plant. This position may service clients across the Wood Buffalo Region, so job location may vary.
Schedule is currently 14/7 rotations; 10-hour shifts but is subject to change.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities
- Skilled with the use of various survey equipment (GNSS Receivers, Total Stations, Levels, Locators, 3D scanners etc.) and ensures all company equipment and vehicles are properly operated and maintained
- Completes civil, mechanical, and structural field surveys and works closely with supervision/management to ensure all client objectives are met Perform survey calculations for field fit designs when needed
- Layout/As-built piles and mark/check/as-built cut-off elevations Grade/slope staking Complete detailed as-built and pre-engineering surveys
- Underground utility locates in plant and mining/tailings environment
- Pipeline corridor locates
- Concrete and Rebar scanning using GPR equipment
- Communicates effectively with team members and ensures tasks are completed on time
- Performs all health and safety duties as identified in the company’s safety procedures
- Ability to work independently as a leader and as a team supporting training of Survey Assistants
- Eager/open minded to learn new methods and use of technology Must be punctual/reliable for shift work start times
- Ability to absorb feedback and adjust to corporate strategies
- Applicants must have 2+ years of experience in the survey field with a conventional survey skillset
- Successful completion of a post secondary education program in Geomatics or a related discipline with a concentration in Industrial & Civil Construction Survey is an asset.
- Industrial and pipeline survey experience is viewed as an asset
- Underground utility Locating experience is viewed as an asset
- Specific experience with GPR equipment is viewed as an asset
- Experience with SX10 - 3D scanning and Faro equipment is viewed as an asset
- Underground/Line Locating Certification is viewed as an asset
- Advanced UAV Pilot Certification is viewed as an asset
- Strong communication skills required Valid Class 5 Drivers License (with a clean 5-year abstract)
Rate of Pay
Roles are based on union group ratings with an hourly base rate; gross rate takes benefits into account:
- Working Foreman – Group 1 - Base $43.12 Gross $52.48-$53.35
- Senior Crew Chief - Group 2 - Base $39.67 Gross $48.42-$49.21
- Junior Crew Chief - Group 3 - Base $37.75 Gross $46.15-$46.90
Overtime will be paid for hours worked over eight (8) in a day or forty-four (44) in a week (Sunday to Saturday).
Hourly Wage and Flight/Housing availability will be dictated based on level of experience and certification.
The benefits to a union-based position are: Pension (10% of all ST hours up to a maximum of 50 hours per week) Health & Wellness fund ($1.65 on all hours worked) Training fund ($0.07 on all hours worked) Holiday Pay (4%) Vacation (4% on all ST hours worked for 1-5 years and 6% on all ST hours worked for 5+ years)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $37.75-$43.12 per hour
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Calgary, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- surveying: 2 years (preferred)
- Driver's License (required)
Expected start date: 2022-07-04