About the Company
Canada Royal Milk is a member of the Feihe International group of companies, Asia’s number one infant formula brand. Canada Royal Milk is the only producer of infant formula in Canada, manufacturing quality products from Canadian cow and goat milk, ensuring the highest quality and nutritional value for our customers.
We are an international company with a multicultural workforce that is committed to diversity and inclusion. Our team members value and embrace different perspectives and new ideas.
What We Offer
The opportunity to build and grow a progressive company, competitive wages, and extended health benefits.
What We Look For
Curiosity, commitment to learning, and a winning mindset.
About The Role
The Operation & Process Engineer reports to the Chief Operation & Process Officer. The Engineer works collaboratively with the production team, engineering, maintenance, and quality assurance to continuously improve the process and plant operation.
The Operation & Process Engineer is a detail-oriented and results-driven individual with a strong understanding of food manufacturing, GMP, and root cause analysis. They will demonstrate independent judgment in the planning, prioritization, and execution of projects, assignments, and communications.
With a strong technical background, the engineer should have a demonstrated ability to create and maintain accurate records, and a strong ability to organize and develop a Work Management System that will satisfy regulatory and production quality control requirements.
The Operation & Process Engineer is dedicated to producing the highest quality product and creates an environment where employees take pride in their work. They emphasize food quality, safety, and security, complying with all government legislation and the expectations of Canada Royal Milk’s customers
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada and have strong English language skills. The ability to read and understand written English and communicate in English both spoken and in writing is a requirement of the job.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Chemical, or Industrial Engineering
Experience: preferably experience in the food processing environment.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Overseeing the production processes and monitor day to day production, lead problem solving and adjustments to stay on production plan with products and efficiency. Work closely with Production Technicians and all production supervisors to improve overall department performance.
- Review daily operations, paperwork, and reports from production staff to check accuracy and report deviation; confer with technical staff and production supervisors to resolve production or processing problems.
- Liaison with other departments including Quality, Maintenance, Engineering, R&D, Marketing, Supply chain, HR, HSE.
- Actively participates and leads continuous improvement initiatives to improve the OEE, reduce manufacturing loss, reduce the labour costs, optimizing the inventory levels and overall optimizing the manufacturing operation without sacrificing quality.
- Assist Chief Operation & Process Officer and Production Manager to set and implement the objectives and action plans to achieve production KPIs and delivering results.
- Review new and current product specifications, revising the existing specifications and making recommendations.
- Develop, implement, and maintain production SOPs including documentation and standard operating procedures as well as develop and conduct training for the production employees.
- Ensure timely and thorough sanitation of all equipment and facilities to allow for efficient and on-time production start-up and delivery of products to customers.
- Follow and administer Quality Policies and Procedures including food safety, HAACP, traceability, and production hold investigations.
- Troubleshoot process areas by identifying and analyzing process problems and advising and guiding processing operators on action required to resolve malfunctions to ensure efficient running of the plant.
- Plan, organize, control, and evaluate plant production operations while continually striving for improvements to increase efficiency.
- Develop plans to efficiently use materials, labour, and equipment to meet production targets.
- Participate in the oversight and inspection of manufacturing equipment installation and testing, ensuring safety and compliance at every stage.
- Develop and oversee implementation of production tracking or quality control systems, analyzing production, quality control, maintenance, or other operational reports, to detect production problems.
- Ensure that all the team members are familiar with and practice Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Perform other duties as assigned by Chief Operation & Process Officer and Production manager.
The standard office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 5:30 pm. Most of the work occurs during regular weekday office hours. However, as an international company with continuous 24-7 operations, hours of work involved may vary to accommodate business needs. Flexible hours are required and may include evening and week-end hours from time to time.
As a dairy processor and infant formula manufacturer, CRM strives to exceed regulatory requirements for food safety, quality, hygiene, and good manufacturing practices. All employees who enter the processing areas for any reason must comply with all food safety protocols in addition to health and safety best practices.
Most work is performed in an office environment, with some requirements to work in other areas of the facility as needed. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must frequently lift or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move objects up to 25 pounds.
Covid-19 Vaccination Policy
The health and safety of our employees and customers is a top priority for Canada Royal Milk. Therefore, applicants will only be considered who are fully vaccinated, subject to human rights considerations and recognized medical exemptions.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
We strive to build a team that reflects the diversity of the community we work in, and encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people identifying as LGBTQ2SI, veterans, and people with disabilities.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Kingston, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
Work Location: In person