We believe that to be effective leaders at 7-Eleven, we must think about the needs of our guests and our teams before we tend to our own needs. We call this Servant Leadership, and it's the foundation of everything we do here. As Servant Leaders, we are guided by core values that we live by every day. These values help us serve our guests, our teams and our communities. They are the heart of 7-Eleven and what makes us who we are.
Interact with and serve customers, handle transactions, and provide superior customer service through efficient operation of the store.
- Provides prompt, efficient and courteous customer service. Uses plus selling techniques.
- Maintains interior and exterior store image standards by general store cleaning and by providing routine maintenance to all beverage and food service equipment.
- Receives vendors and ensures invoices balance with delivery in accordance with store policy and company loss prevention practices.
- Completes shift worksheets by verifying lottery and cigarette counts and where applicable, gasoline pump readings.
- Ensures merchandise is properly rotated, faced, correctly priced and clean.
- Carries out A.I.M. procedures as assigned by the Store Manager.
- Follows all policies and procedures. (Corporate and Provincial)
- Adheres to Food Safe and sanitation requirements – corporate and provincial.
- Adheres to safety practices and security practices.
- More in-depth knowledge and responsibilities of ordering and A.I.M.
- Performs specialized job duties related to such positions of Gasoline Attendant, Sandwich Maker and Retail Post Office Assistant.
- Completes and reconciles the paperwork for specialized jobs.
- Banking procedures (deposits)
- Communication skills – policy procedures
- Assists in training of junior staff
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
- High school plus 6 – 9 months experience as a Senior Sales Assistant, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Food Safe Certification and First Aid Certification as required by local jurisdiction.
- Demonstrates effective communication, oral & written, conflict resolution, coaching and training Skills.
- Highly motivated, with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment. Weekend, afternoon, evening and holiday work will be required.
- Desire to be a member of a performance driven team.
- Minimum age requirement for this position -18 years AB/All other Provinces 19 years.
- Moderate lifting - 50 lbs. and up, walking, standing, stooping, bending.
What's In It For You?
7-Eleven is committed to creating an environment that encourages and rewards excellence, providing a range of benefits that includes:
- Competitive salary and bonus incentives
- Provincial Medical, extended health care, dental, and life insurance benefits
- Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan/Deferred Profit Sharing Plan Short-term and long-term disability benefits
- Short-term and long-term disability benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Professional growth opportunities
7-Eleven is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Part-time hours: 40 per week
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Permanent
Salary: $16.20-$16.95 per hour
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- sales: 1 year (preferred)
- customer service: 1 year (preferred)
- Overnight Shift (preferred)
- Night Shift (preferred)
- Day Shift (preferred)