At Parkwood Master Builder, we start with you!
If you’re a seasoned Construction Manager vet who has a way with people and a knack for quality building, you might be the perfect fit for our Parkwood crew!
We are looking for a self-motivated Construction Managerto join our dynamic Edmonton team in a permanent, full-time capacity. Together we provide homeowners with the ultimate personalized home buying experience.
The Parkwood Difference
We offer an inviting work environment and exciting perks to ensure our employees have everything they need to build a difference for themselves. Working at Parkwood means:
- Competitive salaries and benefits
- Generous annual time off
- Personal development and coaching programs
- Employee Happy Hours and seasonally themed events
- Building a Difference Day – once per quarter, a team of employees participates in a paid volunteer day at the charity of their choosing
At Parkwood, we are passionate about our people. We really want to get a feel for who you are beyond your work experience, which is why we ask all applicants to please fill out our Pro.file People Survey© (see below) before sending in a cover letter and resume.
What You’ll Do:
Reporting to Parkwood’s VP of Operations, the Construction Manager role is accountable for The Best Homeowner Experience, adhering to high standards of generally accepted building practices and people care.
· Recruits, hires, evaluates, trains, develops and retains a productive and highly engaged construction/customer service department
· Oversees recruitment, selection, training and continuous evaluation of suppliers, trade partners and design professionals to ensure achievement of quality standards, scheduling deadlines and budgets Ensures effective material usage and proper integration of new products and construction methods
· Oversees warranty department and ensures clear communication between the two departments
· Develops implements and monitors processes to meet the Company’s high standards for quality construction, customer satisfaction and achieving customer touch point objectives
· Works collaboratively with other departments to design and efficiently construct high quality homes and improvements
· Implements construction science improvements in products and installation methods to reduce costs and defects, and improve quality and customer satisfaction
· Responsible for all jobsite compliance programs including training on and implementation of scopes of work, meeting building codes, OH&S
· Oversees all procedures necessary to maintain safe worksites. Implements Safety Program, ensures compliance by all employees, vendors and others who access construction sites and directs investigations and corrective actions for safety lapses
· Implements and monitors systems to ensure that construction schedules are adhered to without compromising quality and safety
· Oversees efficient completion of all construction work ranging from off sites, to 100% completion of homes at closing, to provision of timely and effective customer service
· Makes strategic adjustments to schedules and procedures based on business needs and field conditions
· Leads construction and customer service teams to effectively coordinate with design professionals, sales and marketing, management, trades, permitting authorities and customers to produce quality homes and improvements
· Controls costs and manages quality through efficient scheduling, communication and management of all disciplines
· Designs schedules to accommodate and make necessary adjustments for timely completion of model homes and installation of homebuyer options
· Forecasts schedules and monitors expenditures, analyzes variances, and initiates corrective actions where necessary.
· Supporting the professional development and career growth of the Parkwood Construction team
· Providing oversight and coaching for the members of the Parkwood Construction team and others across the organization who fulfill construction support functions
· Working with team members to set individual objectives
· Building a cohesive and high functioning team
· Assessing team and individual performance
Who You Are
- A minimum of 5 – 10 years’ relevant construction management experience, preferably in the residential construction industry.
- College diploma or a combination of post-secondary education and experience
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Customer serviced focused with the ability to resolve problems effectively
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and manage variable workloads
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to work in a fast-paced work environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
- Self-motivated with ability to work well both in a team and independently
Interested? If so, please complete our Pro.file People Survey© here:
and send your cover letter and resume, quoting “Construction Manager” in the subject.
Your submission will be reviewed thoughtfully and carefully; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. **
- Vacation & paid time off
- On-site parking
- Company events & social hours
- Company car
- Casual dress
- Disability insurance
- Education reimbursement
- Extended health care
Job Type: Full-time
- Construction Project Management: 5 years (Preferred)
- construction: 5 years (Preferred)