RAM is a technical consultancy providing Project Management, Construction Management, Engineering and Advisory services across Canada. RAM is searching for a motivated and experienced individual in the Lower Mainland, Vancouver Island, BC Southern Interior and BC Northern Interior. The successful candidate will be an individual that enjoys a challenging, professional, and dynamic workplace and contributing to the success of a hardworking team.
- Act as a Professional of Record (POR) representative for Field Review of Overhead and Underground Electrical construction for projects;
- Attends pre-construction meeting to discuss Field Review plan with construction resources;
- Maintain documentation and photographic record of inspected works, including completion of Daily Inspection Reports and/or Electrical Field Review Reports;
- Identified nonconforming work in in writing while on site at the time of the Field; Review and follows up with the Electrical Field Review or Inspection report;
- Completes Electrical Field Review or Inspection reports not later than three working days from each inspection;
- Reviews of turnover documents such as photographs, test reports, and as-constructed drawings, submitted by contractor;
- Completes inspection of existing electrical infrastructure during project planning or design to document existing installation details/condition;
- Maintains an effective working relationship with the Client’s staff, the contractor and other agencies;
- Reviews Inspection criteria (e.g., contract, drawings, specification);
- Monitor the quality of work, identifying deficiencies in materials and workmanship;
- Communicates relevant inspection and project information to the Client’s Project Engineer/ Manager, operations personnel, and other key project personnel;
- May be required to track cost and schedule data, verify Contractor’s labour, equipment and materials use, and participate in review of Contractor’s change requests or claims;
- Attend preconstruction meetings and other project meetings as necessary and produce meeting minutes where required;
- Monitor construction works to ensure compliance with the contract documents, which may extend to any or all part of the work;
- May take as-constructed field measurements and red-line construction prints for record drawings;
- May be required to monitor adherence to permit requirements and safety regulations for approved, permitted crossings by inspecting work within a right of way and any third-party work around the Client’s assets including:
- Explain/enforce code compliance and company standards for all permitted work within rights of way and any non-permitted work in proximity to any assets;
- Abide by RAM’s and Prime Contractor’s safety program and WorkSafe BC Regulations and report unsafe activities;
- Responding to information requests from site and completing project documentation including ‘as-builts’, calculations and return of data to the client;
- Does not direct or interfere with the contractor’s work; consults the Project Engineer/Manager to discuss any issues and concerns; and
- Provide technical support through all phases of the project.
Ideal Candidate Requirements
- Power Line Technician, Red Seal Electrician, Electrical Design Engineer, or Design Technologist with relevant distribution construction experience;
- Utility Underground Cable Splicer, or Power Line Technician, or High Voltage Red Seal Electrician with relevant underground and padmounted equipment and cabling construction experience;
- Experience working in proximity to other utilities (gas, electric, communications, water, sewer, storm, etc.);
- Able to read and interpret all types of construction drawings (including electrical and other utility drawings) and interpret the information with respect to site conditions’ impact to design / construction drawings;
- Ability to work in all weather conditions and challenging terrain, climbing in and out of vaults, lifting lids of underground plants, and working around heavy equipment and machinery;
- Valid driver’s license required. This position requires use of personal vehicle in good working order to be used occasionally for business use, for which there is reimbursement; and
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of BC Hydro Distribution Standards is an asset;
- Electrical Utility experience is an asset;
- Confined spacy entry and monitor training and certificate is considered an asset;
- Experience with projects involving Quality Management, Field Inspection/Engineering, and writing reports;
- Experience working with contractors to address construction deficiencies, coordinating site related construction issues, and have knowledge of construction management and coordination practices;
- Understanding of relevant design codes, standards, and guidelines such as MMCD, municipal requirements, NBCC and CSA standards, MoTI Utilities manual, CER requirements, and construction practices for utilities in BC is an asset; and
- Experience performing engineering field reviews compliant with EGBC guidelines considered an asset.
Why You Should Join RAM
- Tuition Reimbursement and Career Planning
- Extended Health Benefits
- RAM Intramural teams
- Office Social Hours
- Business Casual Environment
- Quarterly Office Events
- Office Potlucks
- Community Involvement Days
- Quarterly Goal Setting
- Annual Performance and Salary Reviews
For five consecutive years, RAM has made Canadian Business and Maclean’s Growth 500 ranking of Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies. Ranking Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies by five-year revenue growth, the Growth 500 profiles the country’s most successful growing businesses.
We encourage applications from all qualified individuals. If this opportunity sounds like the next step in your professional career, please send your resume in confidence to [email protected]
. RAM is committed to employment equity and hires based on merit.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.