(Note: Emails from headhunters will not be responded to, we do not outsource hires - only actual candidates will be replied to)
FAST TYPING REQUIRED: please go to typingtest.com to take the free typing test so you can include your results with your resume when you are applying to be considered for this position.
- Do you genuinely enjoy helping people? (we are looking for a social compassionate Superstar! You have to actually LIKE people)
- Is your cup half full or half empty? (half empty need not apply)
- Are you a happy upbeat person who looks forward to new challenges each day?
- Do you love to talk?
- Do people naturally turn to you for guidance and advice?
- Are you a great listener?
- Are you a detail oriented person who enjoys making sure everything is done just right?
- Do you like to challenge yourself to continually learn and improve?
- Do you enjoy typing and are proud of how good you are at it?
- Can you type fast and accurately?
- Do you love messenger, chatting online, and communicating on Facebook?
If this sounds like it was written as more of a description of you than some boring job post... you may have just found a new home!
Be sure to read to the bottom of this job description before you apply (so your resume doesn't end up rejected without being seen).
We are Francis Plumbing & Heating and we’re on a mission to serve our local community to the best of our abilities (providing residential services such as plumbing, heating, cooling, water heating, gas services and so much more…) while helping our neighbours to reduce their carbon footprint and protecting them from unscrupulous businesses. In other words - we actually care about people and everything we do is geared towards taking care of people!
We are growing again and looking for our next teammate to join our family of technicians and office staff that actually care about the people we serve. We put ethics and values above profit and have benefited from over 85 years in business because of those ethics and values and the professional skills we bring to our neighbours.
If you have a true love and passion for respecting and serving customers by contributing to something that is larger than you, then we want to invite you to document and share your unique knowledge and gifts with our team.
You will be expected to embrace a collaborative team environment and pursue growth and learning every single day. You will be held accountable to make decisions and own the results of those decisions.
Duties included (but are not limited to)
- Answering all incoming calls (multiple lines)
- Booking service calls and installations for our technicians
- Scheduling work as needed
- Dispatch work to our technicians
- Updating databases (FieldEdge & QuickBooks)
- Database entry daily
- Live chat box support for visitors on our website
- Administrative support to our technicians, office and sales team
- Phone inside sales support as needed to support the team
- Additional administrative and/or accounting tasks as needed to support the team
Mandatory skills in order to succeed in this role are:
- Positive attitude is essential!
- Fluently speak, write and read English (bi-lingual not required - English is essential)
- Able to type 60+ WPM minimum (proof required send test results from www.typingtest.com with resume)
- Experience with a database type software OR we can teach a quick learner who is good with computers. Software programs use include: Field Edge, QuickBooks, Wintac, Slack chat, Outlook, Excel, Word, Office, and more...
- Experience with accounting software or a quick learner (not essential but preferred like QuickBooks, Quicken, Simply accounting)
- Able to handle multiple calls at the same time in fast paced office
- Must be able to learn quickly
- Upbeat personality, high energy with exceptional happy communication skills (happy is critical - we love our jobs)
- Able to work well independently as well as within a team
- Reliable transportation - able to get to work each day on time
Additional benefits in addition to helping people every day are:
- Competitive salary based on work experience
- 2 weeks paid vacation (increases over time)
- Medical benefits (after probationary period)
- Dental benefits (after probationary period)
- Vision benefits (after probationary period)
- Matching RSP funds (after 1 year of employment)
Position is immediate so we cannot consider anyone who is not already located in Ottawa ready to take on work. Out of country/town resumes will not be considered for this position due to time restraints.
NOTICE: Fast and accurate typing is critical to the role so a typing test is required - please go to typingtest.com to take the free typing test so you can include your results with your resume when you are applying.
Resumes received without typing tests results will not be considered for the position.
Resumes received from out of town candidates will not be considered as stated above.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $14.00 to $22.00 /hour - After 3 month probationary period salary will be renegotiated based on the value you bring to the company.
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Vacation & paid time off
- Casual dress
- Company events & social hours
Application Deadline: 2020-08-28
Expected Start Date: 2020-09-02
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $14.00-$22.00 per hour
- Casual Dress
- Company Events
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- On-site Parking
- RRSP Match
- Vision Care
- 8 Hour Shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No Weekends
No walk ins accepted, only email resumes. Selected candidates will be pre-screened by phone first. If selected live interviews will require covid-19 pre-screening questions to be answered, masks & hand sanitizer supplied, social distancing mandatory.
- Data Entry: 1 year (Preferred)
- customer service: 2 years (Preferred)