The OHS is currently hiring for a full time permanent position, and a temporary part time contract. Please see exact schedules at: https://ottawahumane.ca/about-us/careers/ to ensure you can meet the schedule requirements. Please indicate in your application if you are interested in either, or both opportunities.
Overall Purpose: Under the direction of the Supervisor: Customer Service, the Attendant: Adoption Reception is responsible for greeting and directing clients, assisting with operations of the Ottawa Humane Society (OHS) store and assisting with adoption of OHS animals.
- Greet clients visiting the OHS and direct them as appropriate
- Provide general information to OHS clients about adoption processes
- Ensure all animals available for adoption are appropriately advertised on the OHS website
- Provide information to OHS customers on good animal care practices
- Process sales transactions
- Provide adoption follow-up services and direct issues appropriately
- Promote OHS goods for sale
- Supervise and coordinate volunteers’ activities while on shift
- Answer telephone and triage phone calls
- Triage emails and response
- Accept and record in-kind donations
- A grade 12 graduation diploma
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in customer service
- Demonstrated excellent customer service, crisis management and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced and demanding environment and to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to relate well to people from a wide variety of backgrounds
- Microsoft Office applications
- Chameleon and/or Raiser's Edge experience is an asset
- Advanced verbal and written skills in English are required
- Verbal skills in French are required
Essential Duties and working conditions:
- Employees will be required to work evening, holiday and weekend shifts
- Employment is conditional upon the ability to provide services in a safe manner, including, but not limited to lifts and transfers of large animals.
- Employees will be required to wear a uniform designated by the employer
- Employment is conditional upon the ability to work around all species of animals safely
- Employment is conditional upon maintaining confidentiality of OHS information
The Ottawa Humane Society is an equal opportunity employer. The OHS offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted by the OHS regarding a job opportunity, please advise prior to the interview if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $17.55 - $21.39 per hour
- Customer Service: 1 year (Required)
- Receptionist: 1 year (Required)
- Secondary School (Required)