Expresco Foods primary business is providing value added portion- controlled food products for the food service and retail industry under the brand Expresco as well as for clients under their own private labels. Due to expansion, we are currently looking for a qualified member to fill our position for Accounts Payable Clerk to join our Finance Department.
Looking to be part of a fast-growing, innovative and collaborative company?
Consider working for Expresco Foods. We provide our employees with the training, tools and trust to further their careers while exceeding our client’s expectations.
Reasons you’ll love working here:
- Competitive salary: You can count on a competitive salary!
- Competitive benefits: Our benefits include health care, free coffee, free on site parking, employee discounts, paid time off, employee recognition program, employee share ownership program & yearly bonus.
- Career advancement: Members have grown to become key leaders in various departments through company on-the-job training and mentoring.
- Process all invoices received for payment and for undertaking the payment of all creditors in an accurate, efficient and timely manner;
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment;
- Prioritize invoices according to cash discount potential and payment terms;
- Resolve purchase orders, contracts, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos; issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments;
- Process check requests;
- Audit and process credit card bills, invoices and bank deposits;
- Match invoices to checks, obtain all signatures for checks and distribute checks accordingly;
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies;
- Reconciliate RNI GL account (received not invoiced)
- Perform expense reports (cash and credit cards)
- Respond to all vendor inquiries;
- Analyze and review all work orders including gross margin and contribution margin analysis;
- Assist in preparing Group Export & Beef Council reports
- Assist in preparing month-end reports
- Work in special projects as required;
- Comply with the company's regulatory requirements and operational procedures to ensure a high standard of food safety and quality;
- Be responsible for ensuring product quality and safety, and meeting SQF program requirements during assigned tasks;
- Ensure the replacement of key personnel at all times.
Skills and Abilities
- DEC or equivalent education in Accounting;
- 1 to 3 years of experience in accounting;
- Bilingual French and English (written and spoken)
- Excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills;
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook);
- Personable with excellent communication skills;
- High energy, outgoing;
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team;
- Organized, attention to detail;
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $48,000.00-$50,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care