Spring Creek Carriers Inc. is an award-winning LTL transportation company. We invite you to consider working for a company that is not only an industry leader but has also provided employment security and reliability to its employees for 25 years.
Reporting to the President, you will be responsible for all aspects of accounting. The successful candidate will be able to multi-task and adapt to the ever-changing demands of the transportation industry.
Currently we have an opening for a BOOKKEEPER/OFFICE MANAGER in our Accounting Department.
Tasks include but not limited to:
- Generating timely and accurate Financial statements and Management reports monthly, quarterly and annually, including depreciation calculations and reporting.
- Report to the Directors: trends, opportunities, and risks of the transportation industry.
- Support Dispatcher/Operations Dept. with general finance questions and input.
- Liaise with accounting firm, banks and government including year-end audits.
- HR – new hire documents/benefits/labour standards.
- Manage accounting department with mentoring and bi-monthly employee meetings/minutes and KPI reviews.
- Backup coverage to everyone in the department, including data entry.
Education, Qualifications and Experience:
- 5+ years of professional bookkeeping/accounting experience
- Proven supervisory management skills
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
- Experience and knowledge of all aspects of corporate accounting
- Advanced level skills with MS Office 365 (Excel/Word)
- Detail oriented with strong analytical skills in planning, organizing and process control
- Consistently exhibits Spring Creek’s Values
- Ability to exercise tact and discretion in dealing with sensitive and confidential information
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and reasoning to identify issues leading to solutions and opportunities
- Able to work well under pressure, execute projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures
- Attention to detail in all areas of work
- Transportation industry knowledge an asset.
- Must be able to obtain a valid/clear Security Certificate/Police Clearance or hold an Enhanced Drivers License.
- Office and warehouse environment.
We also offer a competitive compensation package that includes benefits such as
- health coverage and dental plan
- life insurance and long-term disability insurance; Accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D)
- Education reimbursement program
- Performance based pay metrics
- Career development opportunities
- An active Employee (and family) Assistance Program (EAP)
We would like to thank everyone who applies, for your interest in joining the Spring Creek Team. Only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Reference ID: BOOKKEEPER
Job Type: Full-time
- Supervisory/Management: 2 years (Required)
- Accounting: 5 years (Required)
- Police Clearance (Required)