Autoport Limited is seeking passionate Automotive Handlers at our Eastern Passage location, who are safety conscious and strong team players interested in working in a fast-paced outdoor environment. Must be comfortable with working at heights and confined spaces. Must be willing to work flexible shifts on an as-needed/ on-call basis including evenings and weekends.
Job responsibilities include:
- Shuttle vehicles safely in the yard.
- Load/offload vehicles on railcars.
- Physical labour which involves lifting (up to 50lbs), bending, climbing and heights.
- Obey all company policies and safe work procedures.
- Work outdoors with exposure to all weather elements.
- Experience using PDAs will be an asset.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to drive a standard shift.
- Drivers Abstract & Criminal Background check are required.
- Team player with a positive attitude.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Steel toed safety boots, safety glasses, and other proper PPE must be worn.
Evaluations Based upon:
- Demonstration of a safe attitude in all facets of work
- Meeting day-to-day performance standards
- Consistent ability to perform tasks related to position
- Attendance – reports on time, stays on the job, no unexcused absences
- Adherence to the company rules, safety regulations and procedures
Completion of high school, or equivalent, is required.
Job Types: Part-time, Casual
Salary: $14.48 to $16.73 /hour
- manual driving: 1 year (Required)
- valid drivers license (Required)