Senior Reservoir Engineer
RTS Consultants Inc.
St. John's, NL
- Provide guidance to support the Reservoir Leadership Team in achieving desired performance objectives.
- Support / Advise Reservoir Leadership Team to aid in maintaining high technical standards * Develop plans / programs as required by the Reservoir Management team * Guide / support reservoir engineers to establish and implement plans that meet reservoir engineering requirements * Experienced in reservoir simulation and able to perform / guide detailed simulation studies * Perform / guide simulation and other studies to evaluate various depletion schemes and to investigate technical issues * Perform all related studies necessary to perform simulation studies including Pressure, Volume, Temperature (PVT), inflow/outflow, relative permeability, Special Core Analysis Laboratory (SCAL) and other evaluations * Perform depletion plan assessments to support the company in asset acquisition evaluations * Lead and/or participate in Peer Reviews to insure high technical standards are maintained * Provide necessary input to drilling, facilities, and other groups as required to support projects * Willing to mentor less experienced reservoir engineers in performing simulation and other studies * Document results in a comprehensive and understandable format, both in written and in graphic forms * Provide timely and focused updates of results/plans to management/partners/others
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop project-specific strategies with the Project Team to address identified risks and challenges * Support risk assessments and studies as defined in the Project Risk Management Plan, and ensure results are addressed as relevant field work is executed * Support uncertainty analysis studies and value of information assessments for data acquisition plans * Share safety-related Lessons Learned across project(s) and within the company * May facilitate Reservoir Team meetings * May be assigned other services / studies by the Reservoir Leadership Team * Maintains a high degree of ethical conduct * Ability to work in environment with changing priorities * Develop / deliver technical presentations * Provide regulatory compliance support as required
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- University degree or equivalent
- Demonstrated work experience in Reservoir Engineering positions in Oil & Gas Industry * Exceptional knowledge of reservoir engineering fundamentals and technical skills * Experienced in building, running and evaluating dynamic models to evaluate various technical issues * Knowledge of how to conduct reservoir simulation studies to address required issue in a timely and efficient manner * Capability to identify issues and solutions and conduct reservoir evaluations independently * Willingness to direct and guide the work of less experienced engineers * Good interpersonal and communication skills * Initiative and problem solving capability with flexibility to react to unforeseen conditions * Ability to work under pressure in an environment which expects the highest levels of customer service, confidentiality and ethical behavior * Working knowledge of reservoir management practices, processes, and expectations * Ability and desire to function in an integrated project team environment, develop successful working relationships with emphasis on effective communications in an integrated team environment * Must be able to effectively communicate / influence multiple levels, from Senior Level Manager to worker * Willingness to travel / live away from home for extended time periods * Proficient in use of computers and programs such as Microsoft Office * Read, write, and speak fluent English, as required to function effectively within a Project Team * No training will be provided (other than company specific safety standards and procedures)
This is a level 3 position: At least 20 years of related experience is required
Job Type: Contract