Position Overview: Reporting to the Plant Manager this position is responsible for the production schedule for the manufacturing of finished products, ensuring that customer demands are met and that goods are produced and shipped in a cost-efficient and timely manner. This position acts as plant lead for new product launches and liaising with the PMO to manage any operations related follow ups for upcoming and current projects
Coverage in case of Absence: In the absence of the Production Scheduler, the Production & Warehouse Manager will cover his/her designated post
Core Deliverables and Responsibilities:
- Works closely with PMO, R&D, and Sales Departments to manage any operations related follow ups for upcoming or current projects.
- Coordinate and execute scheduling activities for production using ERP systems. Plans, schedules and troubleshoot revisions as required
- Plan production for 100 plus SKU’S based on forecast, contract orders, component availability and line capacity.
- Monitor components to assure availability when needed to maintain continuous workflow to production lines while maintaining proper inventory levels
- Issues/publishes weekly production schedules
- Coordinates with Purchasing and Warehouse and manages finished goods inventory for the plant
- Assist with finished and semi- finished goods inventory control through daily communication with Production and Warehouse personnel ensuring the accuracy of the inventory records
- Plans key accounts and food service business lines based on a 12-week planning cycle
- Evaluate & prioritize business demands.
- Plan and release work orders to the production floor to minimize downtime and maximize line efficiencies.
- Organizes project paperwork, including purchase orders, and maintains records
- Monitors production and raw material costs
- Planning and prioritizing operations to ensure maximum performance and minimum delay in production
- Manage new program launches and communicates timelines with Operations, R & D and Sales so that programs ship on time. Manage program run outs to minimize residual liabilities.
- Regularly interacts and communicates with various internal departments to provide vital information that may be needed to maintain proper inventory levels and service to the customer.
- Post-Secondary degree in Supply Chain Degree or minimum of 2 years scheduling or material management experience
- Minimum 2 years ‘of experience required as a project coordinator
- Knowledge of ERP Systems and experience in Manufacturing resource planning
- Production planning/ Inventory Control Certification considered an asset (CAPICS, APICS, PIC)
- Lean Six Sigma belt certification considered an asset
- Direct working knowledge of food manufacturing operations, purchasing requirements and scheduling
- Must be critical thinker, an excellent problem solver and able to maintain high data integrity
- Attention to Detail with strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office with advance level in Excel
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract
- Production Planning: 1 year (Preferred)