Asahi Refining Canada currently has 3 job openings at the Brampton location for the following position:
Security Officer – Part Time
Reporting to the Assistant Manager, Security, the incumbent will work as a part of the security team in the day to day security operations for the Brampton facility.
This position has the following responsibilities:
- Controls personnel traffic in and out of plant.
- Controls all vehicular traffic into the secure compound area by checking for proper I.D. and the contents of the vehicles.
- Controls and operates secure compound gates from the Security Office.
- Conducts body and package search of personnel leaving areas of high value by monitoring metal arch, using a hand-held metal detector, and an x-ray unit.
- Monitors all electronic surveillance systems in Control Centre.
- Installs and removes seals on doors as required.
- Conducts patrols checking for locked doors, unsecured metal, unsecured confidential documents and any other security or safety violations.
- Perform facility searches and random inspections.
- Involved in conducting investigations and providing detailed reports
- Answers all incoming calls in a professional manner.
- Acts as an escort for contractors and witness representatives.
- Witness time setting and locking of vaults ensuring appropriate hours are set on time locks.
- Respond to any alarms, which come into the Security Office.
- Performs other tasks including, taking pictures for employee I.D. cards and personnel files, Raises and lowers flags in compound, maintains key control system, completes daily logs and forms.
- Scan all trash from Production area checking for precious metal and other unauthorized items.
- Performs various job-related duties as delegated or assigned.
Qualifications for this position are:
- A degree or diploma focusing on criminal justice, criminology and a minimum of 1 year of relevant experience working in a high security environment or 2 years of relevant work experience
- Valid Security Guard License
- Surveillance training/experience in a production environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office and Security Technology software
- Ability to work rotating shifts, weekends and holidays (including 12 and 8 hour shifts). Preference will be given to candidates with previous experience working in a manufacturing environment, either in a Security role or in another capacity.
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience in personal searches using a hand held metal detector and baggage x-ray machine.
- Ideal candidates are highly motivated, positive, results oriented, tenacious and able to multi task
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $19.00 /hour
- Security: 1 year (Required)
- Security Guard (Required)