CarteNav Solutions, a PAL company, is an international leader in situational awareness solutions for the maritime, land and air environments. The company has established a reputation for providing high-value solutions that can be deployed on a wide variety of platforms for multiple mission types for government, military and commercial customers. With a hand on the pulse of innovation, CarteNav Solutions is always seeking to develop new solutions for complex needs and environments. Currently, we are seeking a Senior Software Developer to join our growing team in St. John's, NL.
The Senior Software Developer will be the focal point for advanced system architecture, design, and coding, which a highly skilled team will use to work on challenging projects and deliverables, including developing Web based applications in a multi-tier environment.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Design, code, and test major features in collaboration with Team Members and other members of the development and technical team to deliver complex changes.
- Define, design, and implement, multi-tiered object-oriented distributed software applications.
- Maintain and modify existing applications.
- Perform maintenance programming for existing applications.
- Perform custom programming as assigned.
- Fix defects and add features to software.
- Debug and test software implementation.
- Provide design documents and documentation to ensure efficient maintenance and code reuse.
- Participate to the design and implementation of databases.
- Ensure the functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, realistic implementation schedules and system architecture for each assignment.
- Interact with key partners and internal users regarding timelines, technical issues, and infrastructure integration.
- Mentor other software developers.
- Provide recommendations for improvements in the overall development process.
- Implement software modules, on the embedded platform and analysis workstation.
- Ensure work progress to schedule and keep (internal) customers informed of project the progress.
- Stay current with trends, techniques, technology and other factors impacting the job.
- Actively participate in team meetings and offer recommendations / ideas on design projects.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent job experience
- Minimum 8 years experience programming applications
- Application Development skills: Client-server, database, service-oriented architectures, application platforms, web-based and windows networking
- Tool Familiarity: Integrated Development Environments, Team Foundation Server, SQL Server, Web Portal environments, such as Liferay.
- Knowledge of Airborne Data Acquisition and Management Systems would be an asset
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to develop a good rapport with a variety of different types of people, and able to work independently as well as with a team, with minimal supervision
- Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to other technical staff members.
- Ability to effectively communicate with non-technical members of the organization.
- Analytical, systematic and strong trouble-shooting and fault-finding skills.
- Ability to install and troubleshoot hardware
- Able to work well under pressure and meet set deadlines.
- Proactive and responsive, with excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, time management and multitasking abilities
- Requirement to obtain a Transport Canada government security clearance at the requisite level
- Protect operations by keeping information confidential
- Knowledge of Waterfall or Agile software development principles would be an asset.
CarteNav is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Software Development: 1 year (Preferred)