Are you retired but still looking to keep busy?
Or, are you underemployed and looking for more work?
If so, this position may be perfect for you!
Fairfax Community Resources Inc. is a non-profit organization that began back in September 2009, with the mission to improve the lives of people with intellectual disabilities who are challenged to find services to meet their needs.
Since its inception, Fairfax (Inc.) has quickly grown in providing residential, day program, respite and foster care services for adults in over 20 specialized living situations, in and bordering Winnipeg, Manitoba. Our focus has and will always be on providing person-centered supports for individuals challenged to find services to meet their needs. This aim is aided by our industry leading employee training programs as well as the adaptation of professionally developed support approaches.
The Maintenance Person will be responsible for performing general building (head office) and property (residential care facilities) maintenance. The duties will include routine maintenance of all residential care facilities and the head office.
Duties would include but are not limited to:
- Servicing heating, ventilation and air conditioning units (minor repairs)
- Drywall repairs and painting as needed.
- Caulking in bathrooms as needed.
- Repairing toilets, sinks etc.
- Repairing carpet and other types of flooring.
- Replace light bulbs and fixtures as needed.
- Respond to house management or head office maintenance requests.
- Building non-supporting walls.
- Replacing windows.
- Minimum of 3 years of facility maintenance experience.
- Experience with drywall, taping, sanding and painting.
- Carpentry, framing, or any other construction trade experience or education is considered an asset.
The person in this position needs to be competent with using hand and power tools and work to a WHMIS Health and Safety Standard. Personal protection equipment MUST be used in compliance with Work Safe regulations.
Want to learn more about us? Check out our website at www.fairfaxcommunity.ca
If you are interested in applying for this position, please upload your resume on this site, or send it directly to:
ATTN: Fairfax HR Subject: Facility Maintenance Coordinator
We would like to thank all interested candidates, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $21,000.00 to $24,000.00 /year
- maintenance: 3 years (Required)
- Manitoba (Required)