Inspired by technology, innovation and nature, The Aurora Cannabis store is a immersive extension of our brands and a center of excellence for cannabis education and community engagement. Through our superior cannabis products and unique cannabis accessories, Community and Cannabis come to life.
Aurora Cannabis Inc. is a world-renowned integrated cannabis company with an industry-leading reputation for continuously elevating and setting the global cannabis industry standard.
Through our wholly owned subsidiaries, strategic investments, and global partnerships, Aurora provides a wide range of premium quality cannabis and hemp products and services, develops innovative technologies, promotes cannabis consumer health and wellness, and delivers an exceptional customer experience across all its brands.
Aurora’s operations span multiple continents and focuses on both the medical and recreational cannabis production and sales, patient education and clinic counselling services, home hydroponic cultivation, extraction technologies and delivery systems, and hemp-based food health products.
We operate around the globe pursuing new and emerging cannabis markets where possible through our owned network of import, export and wholesale distributors, our e-commerce and mobile applications, brick and mortar retail stores, as well as grocery store retailers, and pharmacies.
STORE MANAGER - AURORA FLAGSHIP
Aurora Cannabis is looking for a Store Manager to lead the team at our flagship store in West Edmonton Mall. This store will not sell cannabis or cannabis accessories rather soft goods such as Aurora merchandise.
The successful candidate is passionate, results oriented and a born leader. The Store Manager will live the Aurora values and be a brand ambassador for our company and its assets. They will be accountable for the customer and employee experience, driving sales and operational excellence. The ideal candidate will have retail experience but more importantly wants to be a member of the Aurora family to help us build lifelong relationships with our customers and staff.
This is our first Aurora branded cannabis store in history and as our CEO Terry Booth says, “we are looking for trailblazers that have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in environments that require creativity and strong problem-solving skills”. You will take pride in being a member of the Aurora team and helping our company grow.
- Manage the day to day operations and drive sales
- Build, train, motivate and lead a high performing team; evaluate performance with team members and provide feedback
- Maximize store sales through exceptional product knowledge, merchandising and brand awareness
- Deliver an exceptional customer and employee experience that lead to long lasting relationships and empower the staff to do the same
- Create local relationships and identify opportunities for in-store partnerships to build Aurora’s community
- Identifying current and future customer requirements by establishing rapport with customers to communicate service requirements
- Ensure the store operates within a predetermined budget i.e. sales, inventory, expenses, etc.
- Establish weekly sales objectives for all team members and ensuring objectives are maximized and achieved
- Adhere to and enforcing loss prevention and security policies, credit policies and procedures, i.e. credit cards, discounts, employee purchases, deposit logs, return and exchange policies
- Manage inventory stock levels, analyzing and interpreting trends to facilitate stock replenishment and share learnings with the broader team
- Stay up-to-date with product knowledge, company information, new launches, campaigns and promotions
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; review professional publications and establishing personal networks
- Ensure the store is presented in a manner consistent with the brand
- Effectively communicate needs and ideas to upper management in order to elevate the business
- Enforcing and complying with all company and store policies, practices and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Three (3) to five (5) years in Retail Management with demonstrated history of achieving and exceeding sales goals and targets
- Ability to work in an ambiguous environment and is highly organized, creative and solution-oriented
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate people to achieve sales objectives
- Ability to analyze results, identify business trends, react quickly and share ideas with Corporate
- Desire to drive positive customer experiences that build loyalty and deliver measurable results
- Strong industry knowledge and passionate about cannabis
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong proficiency with operating programs primarily MS Office, Excel
- Strong commitment to customer service
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including working days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Experience in a regulated industry is an asset
- Completion of Sell Safe training and Qualified Cannabis Worker certification is an asset
Job Type: Full-time
- sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- leadership: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)
- French (Preferred)