Position: Bug Triage Developer - Base Camp
Position Type: Full-time, permanent
Location: Toronto, Montreal, or Ottawa (currently remote)
Division: Postmedia Digital
Postmedia is a Canadian newsmedia company representing more than 120 brands across multiple print, online and mobile platforms. Award-winning journalists and innovative product development teams bring engaging content to millions of people every week whenever and wherever they want it.
This exceptional content, reach and scope offers advertisers and marketers compelling solutions to effectively reach target audiences. We are always on the lookout for talented individuals to join our team.
Postmedia is looking for a full-time bug/defect triage developer for our Base Camp group.
Based in either our Toronto, Montreal or Ottawa offices (currently remote), you will work on issues and constant improvements to our news sites like the National Post, the Ottawa Citizen and the Montreal Gazette.
Our team is a full-stack group and is involved in defect analysis on both frontend and backend. We are a small team with a BIG impact: high speed and autonomy of a start-up.
What you’ll do:
- Evaluate, prioritize and solution assigned defects found in various code bases You'll validate the severity of defects, troubleshoot code to find where the issues lie, and make changes as needed.
- Test and finalize the resolution of bugs and other issues.
- Communicate with various teams that will help you find and decide on resolutions of defects.
- Address a wide range of defects from performance to usability.
- Champion the code review process and a constant learning environment.
- Have the opportunity to collaborate in a team environment composed of developers, QA and DevOps.
Who you are:
- You have a diploma or degree in computer science, web development or equivalent work experience.
- Great attention to detail and analytical skills.
- A technical mindset, and love to troubleshoot and solve problems.
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Highly motivated and self-directed with excellent time management.
- An Agile software development environment
- Python (Django)
- WP (PHP)
- Relational databases (MySQL or PostgreSQL)
- MongoDB and/or Elasticsearch
- Experience with AWS, GCP, Jenkins, Ansible, Docker
Should you be interested in this opportunity please apply with a cover letter and resume in one document.
Application Deadline: February 2, 2021
We thank in advance all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates under consideration will be contacted. Only candidates legally eligible to work in Canada will be considered. No phone calls or agencies please.
Postmedia Network Inc. is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all areas of the hiring process. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please make your needs known in advance. Accommodation requests will be provided on an individual basis.
Postmedia Network Inc. is committed to employment equity and an inclusive barrier-free selection process and work environment. Postmedia Network Inc. encourages applications from women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.
Application Deadline: 2021-02-02
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent