Heritage Skills Development Centre (HSDC) is currently seeking a Tutor/ Supervisor for its After-School Program.
The program includes:
Games, Group activities
Life Skills Development
Classes comprise of a structured combination of one-on-one tutoring and group teaching and other recreational activities. Our program gives the children the skills and confidence they need to succeed in school and in the future.
- Providing individual instruction and homework assistance to students
- Planning daily activities for the program, including group games, fun and recreational activities
- Demonstrating correct techniques, procedures and exercises to enhance participants’ abilities
- Helping children to learn healthy behavior in a fun and safe environment
- Providing participants with the opportunities to express leadership abilities and build self-esteem
- Setting up for the program, Preparing snacks and cleaning up
- Providing opportunities to build positive social and healthy habits
- Supervising children during all after-school related activities
Recommended skills/knowledge includes:
- Excellent communications skills and an organized approach to teaching
- Able to work with and relate to kids of different ages and cultural backgrounds
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Physically fit, patient, enthusiastic and responsible
- A strong interest in participating in community development
- Creativity and the ability to use own initiative
- Ability to work independently and within a team
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS AN UNPAID INTERNSHIP POSITION FOR SCHOOL CREDIT OR WORKING EXPERIENCE.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Internship, Volunteer