Relief full-time Medical Laboratory Assistant
(MLA) opportunity is available now at the Penticton Regional Hospital. Days of work are rotating and shift times are day, evening and night shifts.
What we offer:
What will you work on:
- An attractive remuneration package
- Excellent career prospects
- Employer paid training/education
- Employer paid vacation
- Medical Service Plan
- Employer paid insurance premiums
- Extended Health & Dental coverage
- Municipal Pension Plan
- Work-life balance
MLAs perform a variety of duties such as taking blood and specimen samples from patients, preparing blood and other specimens for analysis, performing routine lab tests, distributing specimens to departments and outside Labs, operating related equipment, entering data into the LIS and performing related clerical duties and ECG testing as required.
About this location:
Penticton Regional Hospital (PRH) is a referral centre for three community hospitals and one diagnostic centre in the South Okanagan. Our Emergency department sees upwards of 36k visits and we have 129 acute beds and 102 extended care beds and offer a full range of health services to the community.
We live where people come to vacation! With one of the best year-round climates in Canada, Penticton is easy to enjoy with two beautiful lakes, beaches, acres of parks, and wilderness trails on the local mountains. Penticton's population is approximately 33,000 and offers small-town charm conveniently located for restaurants, local markets, festivals, concerts and ski areas.
- Grade 12
- Successful completion of a recognized Laboratory Assistant training program
- One year's recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Valid BC Driver’s License
- Ability to type 25 WPM *please upload a copy of an invigilated typing test dated within the last 48mths. Please note we do not accept self-administered online tests*