Want to become part of a small, close-knit team? We're big enough to compete with the "national brands" and small enough that we still know and care about every one of our staff.
We are always on the lookout for people that share our positive attitudes about supporting each other and our customers. While knowledge and experience matter, a positive, "can-do" attitude really makes the difference.
HRR Rentals (High River Rentals, Inc.) has been serving the community for over 30 years and has grown from a small town "Mom & Pop" shop to an industry competitor worthy of a large and loyal customer base.
This position is located at our Head Office location, in High River, Alberta. We are pursuing full time AND part time candidates as we have multiple needs at this time. Starting wage is $22 / hour.
In this position, "Class 1 Driver", you will report directly to the Dispatcher and work closely with many to maintain the customer service that our client base has come to expect.
You'll work on a very wide range of equipment - most of which is incredibly powerful and requires a massive amount of attention to operate safely. You'll have the support of your peers and specific operator's safety training is made available.
Main Job Responsibilities:
- Inspect rental fleet during delivery and at pickup. Note any deficiencies and respond accordingly.
- Communicate with fellow staff and customers, directly, as to ETA and provide constant updates.
- Report on condition of assigned truck to ensure it is kept in proper condition.
- Write daily logs and other paperwork as required.
- Maintain assigned truck (greasing, air pressure, etc) to maintain a clean, safe work environment.
- Communicate with peers, other departments and customers effectively.
- Follow established safe work practices and report any safety deficiencies.
Requirements of this position:
- Class 1 License w/ Air Endorsement.
- Proven ability to work, largely unsupervised, while following procedures.
- Physically able to climb, lift and get into / out of trucks many times per day.
- Knowledge of proper tie-down procedures (load securement).
- Ability to work independently in and as part of a team.
- Have a flexible schedule as consistent overtime is required.
- Have personal PPE (Steel Toe Boots - all other items provided).
Of course, HRR Rentals offers a competitive wage and benefits in line with the industry.
Please submit your resume and cover letter (optional) as we are recruiting aggressively for this position and want to meet you as soon as possible!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $22.00 /hour
- truck driving: 3 years (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Required)
- High River, AB (Preferred)
- Class 1 Drivers License (Preferred)