Northern Zone, Colchester East Hants Health Centre
Type of Employment:
Permanent Hourly FT (100% FTE) x 1 position(s)
Posting Closing Date:
Applications are accepted until 11:59 PM on the Closing Date.
Nova Scotia Health Authority is the largest provider of health services in Nova Scotia. We are over 22,000 employees who provide health care and support services in hospitals, health centres and community-based programs throughout Nova Scotia.
Nova Scotia Health Authority provides health services to Nova Scotians and some specialized services to Maritimers and Atlantic Canadians. We operate hospitals, health centres and community-based programs across the province. Our team of health professionals includes employees, doctors, researchers, learners and volunteers that provide the health care or services you may need. This is accomplished across four geographic management zones which are responsible for the operation of acute care health centres and the provision of a variety of inpatient, outpatient services including academic, tertiary, quaternary care and community based programs and services including continuing care, primary health care, public health, and mental health and addictions.
Accountable to the Manager of Laboratory Services, the Medical Laboratory Technologist (MLT) is responsible to perform a variety of procedures in the pre-analytical, analytical and post-analytical stage of testing with an acceptable degree of competency, accuracy, precision and efficiency.
- Current registration with the CSMLS and the Nova Scotia College of Medical Laboratory Technologists required
- Knowledge and experience in applying Laboratory policies and procedures is required
- Basic working knowledge and proficiency in computer applications such as Outlook, Meditech/Laboratory
- Information Systems, Microsoft Word is required
- Recent laboratory experience in chemistry, hematology, coagulation, urinalysis and specimen procurement required
- Demonstrated communication, customer services and interpersonal skills required
- Demonstrated competence assurance activities within the last two years an asset
- Workflow, organizational and time management skills required
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks required
- Demonstrated skill in working collaboratively and effectively with others required
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered for this position
- Previous work attendance may be taken into consideration
- Competencies in other languages an asset, French preferred
- Successful Applicants are required to provide a criminal record check to People Services before starting employment and assume any associated costs as a condition of employment.
Hours of Work
Permanent Full Time Position; 75 hours bi-weekly
Medical Laboratory Technologist
$28.9131 - $35.2033 hourly
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Typically interviews are held within three to four weeks of the closing date.
Successful external applicants will be required to submit the below documents and assume any associated costs as a condition of employment. Additional documentation such as banking & proof of identity will be included in your offer letter.
Criminal Record Check
Proof of education & training certifications
Proof of any additional required qualification
Valid registration with the relevant licensing body
Submission of immunization record along with health assessment documentation
Proof of SIN number
Hiring Process will depend on the timeliness of delivering the above. This is a Healthcare bargaining unit - CUPE position. Preference is given to bargaining unit employees for unionized positions. Nova Scotia Health Authority is proud to provide a smoke free and scent free environment. Only online applications are accepted.
Nova Scotia Health Authority (NSHA) is committed to being a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. Our priority groups are Aboriginal People, African Nova Scotians, Persons with Disabilities and Recent Immigrants. Members of these groups are welcome to apply and self-identify if they wish to be considered under our Employment Equity policy.
Follow us on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/NSHA.Recruitment/