Heavy Metal Equipment & Rentals is seeking a Warehouse Technician in the Alberta Oil Sands (Fort McMurray/Wood Buffalo Region). If you take pride in your work and are seeking a stable, permanent, full-time position, working a 14/14 rotation, we want to hear from you!
As Warehouse Technician YOU will:
- Comply with all site safety procedures and initiatives
- Receive, store and distribute material, tools, equipment and supplies throughout the warehouse to sustain production activities (reconcile, pick, unload, label and store)
- Unload trucks, check in merchandise, reconcile purchase orders with sales orders and distribute received inventory to designated production areas
- Prepare and complete orders for delivery or pick up according to schedule (pick, load, pack, wrap, label, stage and ship)
- Maintain equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements and arranging for repairs
- Facilitate inventory management and inform management of low inventory; record inventory counts in computer systems
- Generate reports documenting defective materials, shortages and overages
- Provide quality service by following the company's, the client's and legislated safety standards
- Preserve a safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area and workstations tidy
- Promote clean shipping supply area by complying with procedures, practices and regulations
- Complete required reports with accuracy and provision of all information
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
If you are an enthusiastic team player, excited to work in a safety-sensitive, fast-paced environment, then Heavy Metal Equipment & Rentals is the place for you! In pursuing a career with us, you are opening the door to a fulfilling career with a dynamic company. We know that great people are the key to the success of our business!
The Warehouse Technician will be expected to work rotating sets of days and nights, for 12 hours per shift on a rotating schedule of 14 shifts on followed by 14 shifts off starting at 5:45.
In addition to the base salary, you can look forward to:
+ 6.5% of gross earnings for hours worked - NEW!!
+ Bonus Structure (up to 12.5% of base salary)
+ Commuter Supports (reimbursed up to $1000/month for approved commuter expenses) - NEW!!
+ Location Allowance
+ Compensation Package Extras: Matching RRSP program, vacation pay, sick time benefits, group benefits (life, critical illness & disability insurance, extended health, dental, vision)
+ Shared transportation to and from site
+ Shared company housing in Fort McMurray
An excellent Warehouse Technician will carry out the day to day tasks relative to the process of receiving, storing and shipping of goods. We are seeking strong self-starters who are responsible for the wide array of warehousing activities.
We are willing to provide apprenticeship opportunities to those who display elevated levels of dedication, motivation and is results-driven. Apprentices will take pride in their work and have a positive attitude in addressing their daily tasks and expectations.
Helping you Move the Earth!
Celebrating 20 years in business, Heavy Metal Equipment and Rentals is a family-run business that has grown into North America's largest heavy equipment rental company that supplies, repairs and maintains products and rental services to all four earth-moving industry sectors:
- Mining equipment
- Construction equipment
- Pipeline equipment
- Forestry equipment
We are very excited that we have opportunity and growth in supporting our clientele in their heavy equipment needs!
When you join the Heavy Metal Team, you are also joining the Heavy Metal family. People are our most valuable asset and we are committed to ensuring the health, safety and well-being of everyone in the workplace.
What We Need From You:
- Experience with Heavy Equipment Maintenance or related industry with mechanical aptitude (preferred)
- Proven warehouse work experience
- Proficiency with inventory software, RF equipment, databases and systems
- Demonstrated commitment to safe work practices with an excellent safety attitude
- Experience receiving parts
- Intermediate computers skills
- Customer service focus and ability to build relationships
- Safety oriented personality
- Strong ethics and compliance to rules and regulations is a must
- Strong numbers oriented and attention to detail that is able to set priorities and meet deadlines
- Team player shows initiative and a continual learner
- Must be self-driven and results oriented
- Able to lift 50 pounds without assistance
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Current Forklift Certification
- Minimum Class 5 Driver's license and clean driver's abstract
- Must be able to complete a Respirator Fit test and don a mask at any time while at work, which also means compliance with facial hair requirements to ensure a complete seal for the mask
As part of our Hiring Process, YOU will be asked to:
- Provide a minimum of an advanced Class 5 Driver's License and clean Driver's Abstract
- Provide a criminal record check
- Complete drug and alcohol screening with a negative result
- Complete a fitness evaluation related specifically to your position
- Provide copies of current certifications (if you do not have any of the training required to be on site, we will provide it for you)
- Meet the federal, provincial and Heavy Metal/client worksite requirements regarding COVID-19
Our Commitment to You:
- Competitive wages & benefits - base salary + ADDITIONAL 6.5% of gross earnings for hours worked
- Positive team environment
- Current tooling & equipment
- A work environment dedicated to your safety
- Training and advancement opportunities
If you want to be part of a workplace that empowers you to achieve and succeed, we encourage you to forward your resume and cover letter email or by fax to 780-672-8599 indicating Warehouse Technician in the subject line.
We thank you for your interest in this position; however only those selected will be contacted for further pre-employment screening and interviews. As this is a safety-sensitive position, employment is conditional on negative pre-employment drug and alcohol screening result and the ability to meet the physical demands of this position.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
We have taken every precaution to ensure the health and safety of our teams by providing: strict protocols/practices to meet legislated, client & company needs, additional PPE and modified the worksites to mitigate the risks for everyone's protection.
- How did you hear about us?
- receiving parts: 1 year (preferred)
- inventory/warehouse management: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person