Development Engineering (London) Limited is a civil engineering firm, with a staff of 46 ranging from Professional Engineers, Certified Engineering Technologists, former contractors, and other engineering support staff. Over the last 50 years, we have completed over 7,800 projects in and around southwestern Ontario, ranging from individual site plans to large scale institutional projects and residential communities. Our engineering scope of work typically includes sewer and water design, stormwater management and grading, site planning, traffic management, erosion and sediment control, and noise studies. With offices in both London and Paris Ontario, we effectively undertake projects throughout southwestern and central Ontario.
Development Engineering is looking for an Operations Manager to join our team in London. While working with our Senior Management and Administrative Team, you will be responsible for overseeing daily operations, managing human resources as well as the development and implementation of operational policies and procedures. Our ideal candidate will have a strong working knowledge of human resources and is well organized, motivated, highly efficient, and a natural leader to assist us in maintaining a smooth and functional operation.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Office Manager include:
- Oversee general office operations and act as a point of contact for leadership and guidance to our staff. This includes the assistance with resolving issues, managing discipline, accountability, and terminations of staff.
- Assessment of staffing needs to determine where staff is needed. Lead strategy for recruitment, role development and management oversight.
- Develop and implement plans for staff and Directors that clarify expectations and timelines and evaluate success in reaching goals. Provide follow-up and review results, as necessary.
- Ensure all legal and regulatory documents are up to date with correct information. Monitor company compliance with laws and regulations and recommend changes when necessary.
- Complete performance and wage reviews, prepare job offers and assist with the on-boarding of staff.
- Support the Directors on corporate and legal matters as they arise.
- Provide input on business, corporate vision and strategic planning and work with Directors to assess risk and set business goals.
- Collaborate with colleagues to review and improve internal policies and procedures. Identify areas of improvement that are necessary.
- Diploma or undergraduate degree in business, human resources, operations, or related program.
- Completion of a professional development program in human resources management highly preferred. A CHRP designation would be an asset.
- Minimum 5 years previous working experience in a management or similar working position.
- Experience working within a consulting, engineering or construction environment preferred.
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret and apply employment legislations (e.g., employment standards, human rights, health & safety, privacy, compensation, labour relations, etc.), and human resources policies.
- Demonstrated ability to independently identify issues, plan improvements, measure success and continue improvement.
- Build, foster and maintain productive relationships with candidates, clients, team members, and external partners.
- Self-driven with outstanding communication, interpersonal, leadership, and conflict resolution skills.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00-$90,000.00 per year