- Welcome to A.B.M. Tool & Die Co. Ltd. *
We are a manufacturing company that produces automotive parts for the last 50 years and we are looking for enthusiastic, skilled individuals who wants to be a part of a fast-growing team, this position is for you!
Shift Availability- NIGHT SHIFT
Primarily responsible for maintaining, repair and trouble shoot production tools for production or prototype parts, upgrading/modifying existing tools to meet customer production requirements. Perform pm on production tooling, and update all associated documentation in a timely manner, reduce downtime.
- Maintain Production tools to ABM standards and customer specifications for either production or prototype parts, including associated fixture builds if required.
- Performing maintenance of production tooling according to ABM Preventive Maintenance Standards including the trouble shooting and repair of dies in the press and tool room.
- Ensure that correct materials are available and organized, and that tools are manufactured/modified using effective work practices.
- Ensure that tools meet both customer and ABM’s production specifications.
- Meet ABM standards to produce parts to print under friendly manufacturing conditions.
- Update documentation as required including tooling records, inventory usage, and submission of hours, ensuring all information is accurate and complete.
- Communicate and share important information on critical tools with other Tooling Managers
- Communicate and share important information on critical tools with other tool makers.
- Teach and guide apprentices as needed
- Ensure the quality of individual components is as per design and finished tools/fixtures.
- Responsible for the timely completion of components and tools/fixtures without materials cost overrun.
- Ensure availability of appropriate inventory of spares. Must ensure good condition of components used.
- Must ensure good condition of components used.
- Ensure quality of parts off the press and ease of use in day to day manufacturing.
- Ensure and maintain a tidy and organized work space.
- Adhere to all obligations and requirements under Section 28 of the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Adhere to all obligations and duties outlined in the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act.
- Work in compliance with IATF 16949, ISO 14001, 5S, and all other company policies and procedures.
- Attend and participate in all required meetings and ensure the timely communication of information to all other team members.
- Maintain strict confidentiality regarding all company tooling, processes, methods, customer and supplier information and business.
- Keep abreast of, inform management and implement new technologies and methods.
- Perform other duties as required by Department Manager or General Manager.
- Working in a shop environment.
- Frequent exposure to noise while working in the plant.
- Must be available as necessary to ensure that customer or internal challenges are met.
- Works in a team environment inclusive of apprentices.
- Toolmaker certificate and/or a minimum of 5 years work experience.
- Certified overhead crane operator.
- Able to read and interpret tooling blueprints and part drawings.
- Proficient in mathematics.
- Competent in the safe and responsible operation of all tool room equipment.
- Possesses a good understanding of tool room measuring instruments.
- Must follow Lockout/tagout procedures.
- Able to efficiently manufacture and assemble individual tool details.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Willing to mentor apprentices as needed.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent English skills both oral and written.
Job Type: Full-time
- Tool and Die: 1 year (Preferred)