Reporting to the Operations director, the Project Leader is responsible for the planning & execution of preventative & restorative maintenance of hard floors & carpets. Additional tasks include the cleaning & care of windows, walls, soft & hard furnishings & washrooms.
Ø Regular Job Duties:
· Carpet and floor care.
· Enforce the company’s policies and procedures to ensure compliance
· Promote Health and safety to all staff, recognizing that safety is always the priority
· Politely and tactfully respond to customer requests and concerns and provide prompt corrective action
· Work towards expanding the customer base by promoting Prima Klean in a positive manner
· Participate in daily & weekly supervisors’ meeting at the Prima Klean office
· Maintain an up to date logbook, documenting daily activities including clock in/out of sites visited
· Operate the company’s vehicles in a safe manner.
· Maintain company vehicle cleanliness and report any safety concerns
· Maintain & update project schedules advising management of any delays or variances.
· Perform back up duties for supervisory & janitorial staff shortages as required.
· Maintain log file of all open work orders & report shortages & discrepancies.
· File daily shift reports.
· Flexible with a “can do” attitude along with the demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
· Logical, work-oriented, analytical with good writing ability, problem-solving & organizational skills.
· Works well under pressure & tight deadlines.
· Working Knowledge of OHSA.
· Trustworthy with the ability to be bonded.
· Excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
· Flexibility to assist in directing janitorial staff in their duties & assign work detail as required.
· Be able to work the primary shift of 4:00pm to 12:30am Monday to Friday.
· Ability to work on days, weekends, & emergencies as required.
· Hands on experience of carpet and hard floor care, stripping & waxing, etc.
· Hands on experience & operation of various machines used in the floor & carpet care industry.
· Scissor lift / fall arrest training is an asset but not essential
· Must have valid & current Ontario drivers’ licence with a clear driver abstract for the previous 5 years.
· Must be physically fit & able to lift 75 lbs safely.
· A strong mechanical aptitude is an advantage.
· Training will be given to the right applicant.
· This is a full-time position (40 hrs / week), a benefits package is available (80/20, co-pay).
· Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
· Salary: $17.00 to $18.00 /hour, (based on experience).
- Bonus scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Extended health care
Application Deadline: 2020-06-11
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $17.00 to $18.00 /hour
- Hands on: 3 years (Preferred)