We have a unique opportunity for someone to contribute their talents and strengths as a Print Operator (6 Month Contract)
A COMPANY TO BE PROUD OF
At Computershare we invite you to share our vision and commitment to excellence in everything that we do. Our 12,000 people around the globe are entrepreneurial and innovative, serving 16,000 clients and customers with precision and reliability because they count on us to deliver, every time.
CPU) is a global market leader in transfer agency and share registration, employee equity plans, mortgage servicing, proxy solicitation and stakeholder communications. We also specialize in corporate trust, bankruptcy, class action and utility administration, and a range of other diversified financial and governance services.
Founded in 1978, Computershare is renowned for its expertise in high integrity data management, high volume transaction processing and reconciliations, payments and stakeholder engagement. Many of the world’s leading organizations use us to streamline and maximize the value of relationships with their investors, employees, creditors and customers.
Computershare is represented in all major financial markets and has over 12,000 employees worldwide.
DIVERSITY IS A STRENGTH
Across our global team, we see diversity as a source of strength. The more perspectives we have, the better equipped we’ll be to meet the demands of our diverse global customer base. We want every person who joins out team, every customer and every supplier to feel welcome. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and believe in equality for everyone, regardless of age, national or ethnic origin, sex, gender identity or expression, race, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected be applicable law. That applies throughout our company, around the world with no exceptions, regardless of differences. We will hire, develop, reward, promote and retain people purely on the basis of their talents, commitment, potential and the results they achieve. We will work hard to make sure everyone is included within our organization, removing barriers and obstacles to give everyone an equal opportunity to succeed.
Our key values – Certainty, Ingenuity and Advantage – drive everything we do: you can count on us to deliver with precision and reliability, every time. We look beyond today’s problems to find tomorrow’s solutions, focusing on finding new and better way to unlock your competitive edge and help you achieve your business goals.
A ROLE YOU WILL LOVE
Responsible for accurately outputting documents on laser printing equipment as per the print specs and for following the operational guidelines for the printing equipment. Ensures that quality and timeliness goals are met in a cost effective manner as outlined in company’s policies and procedures
- Ensure that all documents are output in an efficient and timely manner according to the instructions specified in the print specs.
- Verify and record the number of pieces printed and spoiled on the job bag form, insuring complete reconciliation on a page, set, and job level. The incumbent is responsible for initialing and dating all work completed. Attention must be given to such details as lodgment date to ensure that the printing timeframe allows mail to go out from the Mailroom on time.
- Maintain the laser machines by following prescribed preventive maintenance procedures. When necessary, communicate any problems to the team leader, contracted service technician, and the following shift.
- Contribute to the overall appearance of the work area thereby ensuring a presentable appearance at all times.
- Utilize effective control measures and guidelines on materials inventory and usage.
- Communicate openly, timely and in a clear manner any issue with the team leader, co-workers and anyone else who needs information regarding the printing function.
- Work with equipment vendors to ensure service needs are fulfilled.
- Follow laser room procedures to ensure a safe and healthy work environment.
- Attend and participate in team meetings.
- Attend training seminars to familiarize oneself with changes in technologies, workflow, postal regulations, etc.
- Conduct oneself in a professional manner at all times.
- All other duties as assigned by team lead/manager.
Education & Training
- High school diploma and/or one to two years related digital printing equipment experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 1-2 years’ experience in a fast paced digital print/warehouse setting.
- Experience with Xerox and Canon production platforms
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as print specification, procedure manuals, operating and maintenance instructions. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to communicate effectively.
- Must be able to perform in highly demanding, deadline driven, working environment
- Able to prioritize jobs as per service, regulatory demands and machine availability.
- Ability to effectively manage their time.
- Ability to effectively deal with problems requiring solution in a timely manner.
Physical Skill and Effort & Working Conditions
- This job may require considerable amounts of heavy lifting up to 50 lbs. and constant movement.
- Travel will not be required for this position.
At Computershare we invite you to share our vision and our commitment to excellence in everything that we do. Our people are entrepreneurial and innovative and serve our clients with precision and reliability because they count on us to deliver, every time.
Computershare sees diversity as a source of strength. The more different perspectives we have, the better equipped we’ll be to meet the demands of our diverse global customer base. We want every person who joins our team, every customer and every supplier to feel welcome. We believe in equality for everyone, regardless of age, ethnicity, gender identity, race, religion, disability or sexual orientation. That applies throughout our company, around the world with no exceptions, regardless of differences. We will hire, develop, reward, promote and retain people purely on the basis of their talents, commitment, potential and the results they achieve. We will work hard to make sure everyone is included within our organization, removing barriers and obstacles to give everyone an equal opportunity to succeed.
Computershare is committed to providing accommodations for candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment and employment process. If you are a candidate requiring an accommodation during the application process, please contact us at email@example.com
If you want to be part of our leading brand, please apply for this position by clicking on the "Apply" button and following the application process.