Location: Bancroft, Ontario
Status: Temporary Part-Time, up to 6 months with possibility of extension
The County of Hastings is currently accepting applications for Recreation Aide in the Recreation Department at Hastings Centennial Manor Long Term Care Home in Bancroft, Ontario.
To assist residents to achieve optimum physical, social, intellectual, spiritual and emotional functioning through the provision of individual and group programs and services.
- Must have a post-secondary diploma or degree in Recreation and Leisure studies, Therapeutic Recreation, Kinesiology or other related field from a community college or University.
- Courses in Gerontology and Restorative Aid training would be beneficial.
- Previous experience in coordinating activities for seniors and knowledge of community resources.
- Experience planning and implementing programs for seniors that are suitable for individuals at a lower cognitive and physical functioning level.
- A class “F” Driver’s License is required.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with residents, family members and co-workers.
- Excellent skills in communication, motivation.
- Computer literacy with experience in the use of Activity Pro, Point Click Care and RAI-MDS 2.0 is an asset.
- A demonstrated ability to carry out assigned duties and to regularly and punctually attend work.
HOURS OF WORK: *All Shifts, 50 hours bi-weekly
STARTING RATE OF PAY: $24.64 per hour plus 12.5% in lieu of benefits
CLOSING DATE: Friday, August 28, 2020
Please quote: 2020-1133-HM-211 – “Your Name” in the subject line. Interested candidates may submit their resume and covering letter to the following:
Human Resources Advisor
Talent Management & Acquisition
In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information collected will be used only for the purposes of this employment opportunity. We thank all candidates who apply, but advise that only those persons selected for an interview will be contacted. The County of Hastings is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. Please contact us if you require this posting in analternate format. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
Reference ID: 2020-1133-HM-211
Application deadline: 2020-08-28
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
Salary: From $24.64 per hour