The Operations Manager’s undertaking is to ensure operation is safe and at maximum performance, availability and quality. This position will report to Iotron Industries Operations Director.
The Operations Manager has inclusive authority to safeguard personnel, facility equipment, while delivering profitable irradiation processes which meet OEE and customer’s requirements. The Operations Manager is responsible for hiring and maintaining “’A’ player” talent for each role including; operators, maintainer, quality control, technical services.
- To demonstrate leadership towards and commitment to the corporate mission and values.
- To foster a productive relationship with customers linked through corporate mission and values.
- Develop and maintain a learning and continuous improvement culture through personal commitment and example.
- To align, implement the strategies, goals, priorities, and execution plans required to maximize the corporate goals and key performance indicators.
- Implement tools and processes to improve efficiency and quality of business services.
- All production activities and the treatment of customer products scheduled daily and communicated through pre-shift meetings.
- To continuously improve health, safety, environment, production, maintenance processes and ensures compliance to all standards, legislation and regulations.
- To monitor and improve upon the effectiveness of the business performance indicators.
- To hire “A player”1employees using the Top Grading1hiring process.
- Supervision of staff and delegation of tasks and responsibilities; with regular scorecard evaluations and promotion of teamwork.
Health, Safety, and Environment
- Integrate Health, Safety and Environment guiding principles to ensure the safety of employees while protecting the environment.
- Visible leadership and demonstrated commitment daily.
- Review key Safety Key Performance Indicators on a required basis and ensure compliance with HSE standards and legal requirement.
- Ensure all incidents, accidents are investigated, and corrective actions are implemented in a timely manner.
- Ensures that Health, Safety and Environmental standards are applied by monitoring effectiveness and auditing.
- Align Auralux’s vision and values and build a complimentary strategy for Edmonton facility operations.
- Responsible for the development and execution of yearly objectives linked to Auralux’s organizational goals.
- Ensure monitoring of key performance indicators (KPIs), trends and follow-up of action plans.
- Regular employee score card development and review.
- Review production, technical, and maintenance performance results with team and provide strategic direction to meet or exceed plan targets and goals.
- Lead and sponsor continuous improvement activities, Lean, cash/cost initiatives, non-routine Expenditure projects.
- Ensure efficient, effective management and use of materials, labor, services and assets.
- Implement 5S housekeeping standards.
- Develop yearly budgets and is accountable for all expenses.
- Review and approve NRE budget and projects.
- Identify priorities for his/her sector, initiate associated projects align with business objectives and budget availability.
- Manages inventories and operation to be “Just in Time”.
- Manage workforce requirements and recruitment activities.
- Become a successful “A player” hiring manager.
- Develop “B player”; Identify employees who require additional support to meet expected performance objectives and ensure these employees meet their targets.
- Move “C and D players” on to other employment.
- Support achievement of objectives and development of employee’s core competencies.
- Motivate, and coach employees to achieve performance targets and development objectives.
- Reward successes.
- Participate in succession planning.
- Keep a track of direct reports performance in order to meet committed objectives.
- Interact with customers to provide service expectations.
- Problem solve when required.
- Bachelor of Science Degree
- Four-years proven track record in managing people
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven leadership skills
- Familiar with using Microsoft Office – Word, Excel etc.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task and ability to exercise independent judgment
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time