Working under the supervision of the Foreman, the Lineman will assist in the installation of telecommunication cables and apparatuses to support the Telecon Outside Plant Team.
This role requires travel within the Maritime Provinces as required.
YOU WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO:
- Fully trained Lineman; proficient in all line vehicles and operation of line trucks;
- Read and interpret work plans or job specifications to execute all work assigned safely and in accordance to Telecon’s Health and Safety policy;
- Work outdoors in various conditions to place copper or fiber optic telecommunication cables;
- Climb poles, ladders and a variety of construction equipment to assist in the installation of telecommunication cables and apparatuses;
- String cables between structures, manholes, from poles, towers or trenches and ensure that all are to proper tension;
- Clean and maintain tools and equipment;
- Accurately record and report project progress to the appropriate supervisory person and communicate any issues or expected delays;
- Work at heights up to and exceeding 30 feet;
- Other duties as required.
THIS ROLE IS FOR YOU IF YOU HAVE THE FOLLOWING SKILLS AND QUALITIES:
- High school diploma or relevant experience;
- Holds a valid Class 5 (with air brake certificates) or Class 3 (with air brakes certificates);
- 3 to 5 years’ experience of line experience;
- Holds Work at Heights and Confined Space Entry; must be fully certified and have client pins for Work at Heights and Confined Space Entry; must be working towards a license/lineman;
- Must have training in climbing course, electrical safety awareness, pole top and bucket rescue;
- Able to complete the necessary training for working at heights and confined space, pass the corresponding examinations and receive a client authorization number as required;
- Able to lift up to 80 lbs;
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions;
- Good communication skills with the ability to work independently or in a team;
- Must be able to speak, read and write English;
- Demonstrated commitment to health and safety and willing to receive applicable Health and Safety training as per legislative and job requirements;
- Must be able to provide a clear criminal record check and a clean driver’s abstract.
IS THIS YOU? WE LOOK FORWARD TO RECEVING YOUR APPLICATION!
AT TELECON, WHEN WE TALK ABOUT BENEFITS, WE GOT YOU COVERED.
What we have to offer:
- Industry-leading healthcare – possibility of Dental plan with employee participation;
- RRSP program with matching company contribution;
- Employee assistance program – if you are feeling stressed, having sleep problems, or worrying about your budget you can have help anytime, anywhere and it is all confidential;
- Employee perks such as discounts from suppliers on various products and services such as insurance, wireless bundles, movie tickets, travel, software, books, and much more.
Here are the extras that make the difference:
- A dynamic work environment where you can develop your potential – Training provided for technical positions;
- Health & Safety first: this is our number one priority;
- Telecon values different views and new ideas. Telecon is committed to providing a fair, inclusive, equitable, accessible, and respectful workplace to all independent of age, gender, race, beliefs, or background.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities, we will be glad to provide accommodations upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
WELCOME TO TELECON
From a regional telecom network builder in 1967 in Quebec (Canada), Telecon has grown into a world-class industry-leading telecom network design, infrastructure and connectivity services provider. We deliver diversified and scalable best-in-class, cost-effective and time-saving services and turnkey solutions to North American telecom operators and businesses. Our highly skilled team is firmly committed to supporting our customers in propelling tomorrow’s connectivity in our communities, businesses and homes.
For more information on Telecon, visit http://www.telecon.com/ or follow us:
YouTube: Groupe Telecon Group
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Are you comfortable with frequent travel within the Maritime Provinces as is required for this position?
- Aerial Line Work: 2 years (preferred)
- Working at Heights and Fall Arrest Certificate (preferred)
- Class 3 or 5 license with Air Brakes Cert and good abstract (required)
Work Location: In person