PEOPLE. PROCESS. PERFORMANCE.
We are growing and we need you for our team!
We invest in our people and our processes so we can offer the highest level of expert performance possible. Alcor employs a large number of qualified personnel ranging from tradespeople to general labourers.
We offer our employees competitive wages, a full benefits package, training, several different shift schedules and flight allowance per shift rotation and accommodations for fly in / fly out positions.
Opportunity: Safety Administrator
Schedule: Monday to Friday (some evenings and weekend work maybe required)
Job Location: Fort McMurray
Report to: HSE Manager
We are looking for a Safety Administrator to provide administrative support to the safety department and staff in accordance with Alcor Facilities Management Safety, Business and Quality standards and in accordance with Alcor Facilities Management policies and procedures. The Safety Administrator will be responsible for Safety related software and internal programs used for controlling, tracking, reporting and auditing along with development of bulletins and presentations.
In addition to the above:
- Primary user of the company online safety management program SafetySync.
- Primary user of the company prequalification websites (ISN, AVETTA, COMPLYWORKS, CANQUAL)
- Assist with completion of prequalification packages for upcoming work.
- Assist with subcontractor pre-qualification reviews and submitted documentation.
- Work with HR in relation to orientations/onboarding of new employees.
- Ensure both electronic and hard copy filing/tracking is kept current and organized
- Assist with completion and submission of WCB reports, clearance letters and help with some case management tasks.
- Assist in completion of restricted/modified work offers.
- Assist in creation, revisions or updates of company HSE policies, procedures, practices with safety advisor/manager
- Assist with company training matrix updates
- Update/Revise JHA’s as required.
- Completing/Creating HSE reports and gathering statistics.
- Assist in creation/review of incident trending reports
- Monthly inspection tracking and follow up.
- Attend / perform HSE meetings as required.
- Training compliance tracking and reporting (through SafetySync)
- Assist with booking employee safety training.
- Complete and distribute HSE communications & bulletins.
- Minimum HSA designation with 3 years industrial field experience. (NCSO or higher preferred)
- Very proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel & Outlook)
- Strong planning, organizing and multi-tasking abilities with good written and communication skills.
- Self-motivated, flexible & willing to assist with additional safety related items that may not be part of the initial job description.
- Willing to travel for occasional site visits to assist with HSE program organization, implementation, audits and inspections
- Completed CSTS 09/OSSA Regional or BSO training. (additional training favorable)
- Some knowledge of Provincial and National HSE regulations.
- Ability to assist in the development of health and safety performance related systems and procedures where required.
- Able to work well with staff, contractors or client personnel
- Must have a proactive and positive communicative approach to the role.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s license with a clean driver’s abstract.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- industrial safety field: 3 years (Preferred)
- Class 5 Drivers License (Required)
- HSA Certification (NCSO or above) (Required)