Schedule: Monday to Friday (weekends when required)
- Seeking a qualified Quality Assurance Supervisor interested in being part of a fast paced, high pressure work environment. CLS Catering Services (part of LSG Sky Chef & Cathay Pacific) offers you the opportunity to be part of the inner workings of an exciting and dynamic industry. *
Reporting to the Unit Manager, the Quality Assurance Supervisor is primarily responsible to ensure that the facility meets HACCP, Health Canada Regulations and Food Safety requirements. Maintain standards in sanitation and food quality to successfully meet customer and third party audits.
- Responsible for managing Food Safety and Quality plan for the facility
- Monitor and enforce GMP, proper sanitation and housekeeping procedures
- Act as main interface with regulatory, third-party and customer audits and prepare responses to all observations including any CAPA plans.
- Assist with the approval/release/rejection all raw materials, finished goods and in-process materials.
- Responsible for departmental non-conformances and implementation of corrective action ensuring all corrective actions are documented and outstanding actions closed in timely manner.
- Responsible for overseeing critical/technical review of documents, test results, procedures and production equipment, including equipment qualification and validation.
- Demonstrates leadership to Quality Assurance employees to ensure consistent quality of work.
- Ensure internal systems are updated accurately for data tracking,
- Investigate and identify root causes of any non-compliance.
- Responsible for staff training for both new hires and recurrent training for existing staff.
- Assist site management in their absence.
- Maintain documentation pertaining to HACCP CCP’s and verify CCP checklists.
- Identify procedures/processes relative to HACCP and provide recommendations as necessary to ensure compliance.
- Supervise maintenance cleaning teams.
- Monitor cooler temperature records; date code expiry dates.
- Prepare corrective action plans for third party audits.
- Conduct hygiene and housekeeping training for both new hires and recurrent training for existing staff. Ensure training sessions are fully documented and recorded.
- Review customer complaints and establish corrective action plans.
- Ensure all scales are calibrated and in good working order.
- Establish and monitor adequate pest control program; review for effectiveness and additional controls as necessary.
- Maintain inventory of cleaning equipment and supplies.
- Conduct Chef’s table review on a monthly basis.
- Provide written policy/procedure on standard operating procedures and maintain documented processes for quality audits. Perform training as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- University degree in Food Science, Food Technology, Nutrition or relevant discipline.
- Minimum 2-4 years of direct work experience with QA systems, regulations, guidelines, and associated standards (knowledge and practical experience on HACCP and GFSI is a must).
- Direct knowledge of QA methodologies.
- Must possess excellent communication skills for liaising and communicating with vendors, customers, and internal departments.
- Practical experience with risk management, product testing, capability studies and control plans.
- Training and knowledge of Lean Manufacturing are desirable.
- Highly motivated and self-directed.
- Capable of multi-tasking, and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Extremely detail-oriented and analytical thinker.
- Able to interface directly with cross-functional teams.
- Able to create and review technical documentation, including project plans, test procedures, and design documents.
- Able to develop, review, and maintain metrics and quality audits.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office productivity suite.
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with other departments, key business partners, and government agencies.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
In return, we offer a competitive salary and benefits compensation package. Please note that all employment is contingent upon the selected candidate’s successful clearance of all compliance requirements such as a clear medical and criminal record.
Please send your cover letter and resume quoting Job Number YVR202002.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Join the CLS Catering Services Team! CLS Catering Services Ltd. is a joint venture of LSG Sky Chefs and Cathay Pacific Airways Ltd., a leader in airline catering and a provider of integrated services solutions. These include catering, buy-on-board, in-flight equipment logistics, consulting and lounge services. The company’s extensive know-how in culinary excellence and logistics has led to its’ successful entry in adjacent markets, such as train services and retail. LSG Sky Chefs delivers 532 million meals a year for more than 300 airlines at 213 airports in 54 countries. CLS operates from Vancouver, Calgary and Toronto airports and has been an industry leader in Canada for over 20 years.
Job Type: Full-time
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Quality Assurance: 2 years (Required)