WE'RE LOOKING FOR
Commissioning Support Specialist
Regular / Permanent
3239 Dundas Street West
Oakville, ONTARIO, L6M 4B2
Who we are?
With 90,000 people on five continents, SUEZ is a world leader in smart and sustainable resource management. We provide water and waste management solutions that enable cities and industries optimize their resource management and strengthen their environmental and economic performances.
SUEZ Water Technologies & Solutions looks for innovation everywhere. For more than 100 years, SUEZ has been at the forefront of innovation, from the SUEZ Canal to addressing water scarcity. Finding solutions to the world's biggest problems has never been more important than right now. Join us today and become an essential part of the Resource Revolution!
Who are we looking for?
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering or minimum 10 years’ experience with SUEZ Water’s water treatment equipment including RO/ED/UV products in drinking water, wastewater and industrial treatment plants.
- Valid passport and driver’s license.
- Ability to travel (90~180 days/year) throughout North America, and to other places in the world.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and remotely with project teams.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong aptitude for planning, organizing, scheduling, assigning and evaluating the work of subordinates coupled with clear, concise communication and presentation skills.
- Comfortable working in a multiple disciplinary team environment across different offices/geographical regions.
- Interact directly with the client and other internal/external stakeholders to manage expectations and deliver projects with highest quality.
Desired Characteristics - Internal
- Strong focus on customer relationships (both external and internal customers). Understands balance between customer and SUEZ teams.
- Strong knowledge of ingredient water and wastewater process: Understand disinfection, UV, RO, IX, Evaporators, Crystallizers, etc.
- Electrical experience and know-how (hands on, reading and interpreting drawings, etc), particularly with electrical panels, junction box, cabling and grounding practices, etc..
- Automation experience and know-how (hands on, reading and interpreting control documentation, functional descriptions, logic diagrams, etc), particularly with Programmable Controllers and Human Machine devices.
- Familiarity with setup of instrumentation used in water treatment processes.
- Ability to plan multiple priorities, and focus on the most important ones.
- Ability to adapt quickly to new problems, clients, and situations.
- Ability to make timely and correct decisions without all the information.
What will you be doing?
As a Support Specialists you will be responsible to provide Electrical, Instrumentation and Automation support to Field Service Engineers during erection, pre-commissioning, commissioning activities and warranty phase of Water Treatment plants. As a Support Specialists you will ensure that the applicable EH&S and department procedures, checklists and documentations are properly followed by site personnel.
- Ensure that Water Treatment Projects are safely and successfully commission custom projects and extended scope projects from construction to commissioning, including RO/ED/UV/Thermal/ADT and other technologies as required, primarily in North America.
- Work closely with the Project Manager and Project Team to ensure that Field Service Engineers have the resources, tools and remote support to perform commissioning activities.
- Proactively review Electrical and Automation documentations for projects prior to pre-commissioning phase in order to anticipate training, tools and equipment needed to perform the necessary startup activities.
- Coordinate with Sub-Suppliers, Contractors and/or Consultants to expedite project execution as applicable.
- Assist Customers with Electrical and Automation requirements (space, labor requirements, tools, disposal of test water, etc..) to support commissioning activities, operational/startup spares and Operating and Maintenance Practices.
- Participated in Customer Factory Acceptance Tests, HAZOP, LOPA and related Control Systems reviews.
- Perform on-site programming for Water Treatment Control Systems and assists on electrical installation and troubleshooting.
- Ensure that Field Service Team and/or customer has appropriately documentation, procedures and components to perform commissioning activities and plant operation.
- Work closely with Automation and E&I Leaders regarding project execution and continuous improvement.
- Develop and maintain Field Operations commissioning guidelines pertaining to Automation and E&I.
- Provide in-office project technical support and coordination to field team during installation and commissioning phase, project closeout and warranty period.
- Work closely with the Warranty Team and the Quality Team to ensure that manufacturing defect issues are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with internal teams such as Finance, Engineering, Manufacturing, Sourcing to ensure Commissioning-related issues are proactively managed
Period 0.00 - 0.00 CAD
Is relocation for this position offered:
Number of Job Openings:
SUEZ’s Water Technologies and Solutions (SWTS) offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation.
WTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.