Location:Owen Sound, ON. Job Type:Part-Time Discipline:Nursing Posting Date:09/20/2021 Closing Date:
CarePartners is now hiring for a Part-time NSWOC Registered Nurse in the Grey Bruce area.
Sign on bonus totaling $1500!!
CarePartners is an Ontario wide agency that provides health care to LHIN patients in the home, in long term care facilities and in clinics. We are an RNAO Best Practice Spotlight Organization and have exemplary standing with Accreditation Canada.
We are looking for a Nurse Specialized in Wound, Ostomy & Continence (NSWOC). The NSWOC will provide wound and ostomy consultation for patients in the clinic and community. If you enjoy caring for a broad range of clients with a variety of wound etiologies and wound care modalities this is the job for you. In addition to make full use of your wound and ostomy care knowledge, each day you will use your skills in promoting self-management by patients and leading the interdisciplinary team to achieve optimal patient outcomes. Your expertise in the management of wounds and ostomies will be sought out by individual practitioners and the various committees and organizations that guide wound care in the region.
CarePartners will provide you with an in-depth orientation to both the agency and wound/ostomy care in the community; ongoing clinical support including online access to clinical expertise; an iPad and the equipment you need to conduct assessments.
- Use of your professional assessment skills to perform a thorough holistic assessment of each client and identify the client's needs by utilizing information from the client, caregiver(s), the home environment, the LHIN referral and other sources
- Function as a member of a nursing team who are accountable for the nursing care it provides
- Develop appropriate time-specific, measurable goals and outcomes in collaboration with the client and/or caregiver(s), and in keeping with the LHIN goal for treatment
- As an organized and responsible nursing professional you will utilize the forecast, client nursing needs, client preference and client location to plan the day's schedule of nursing visits
- Committed to quality and accuracy of care
- Registered Nurse with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Graduate of Nurses Specialized in Wound, Ostomy, & Continence Canada (NSWOCC), (formerly CAET (or near completion) program or equivalent.
- Several years of escalating experience managing wounds and ostomies
- Demonstrated clinical leadership and teamwork
- Proven computer skills, including e-mail, word processor, work scheduling systems
- Must be able to communicate effectively in both oral and written form and must be fluent in English.
- Valid Driver's license and reliable vehicle required.
CarePartners promotes and facilitates, as appropriate, the immunization of employees in order to provide a safe working environment for its employees, to deliver safe care to patients and to fulfill its commitment to evidence- based health promotion. In accordance with Public Health and Government directives CarePartners has implemented safety protocols to prevent the spread of infectious diseases such as COVID-19. All employees will be required to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment as directed by CarePartners and mandated by public health authorities. All new hires of CarePartners are required at this time to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19, in accordance with our policies and procedures.
To apply please email your resume to recruiter.Lisa@carepartners.ca
CarePartners welcomes and encourages applicants from people with disabilities, accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the hiring process.