The Core Services Level 3 team is part of the Enterprise Computing Organization.
The team manages and supports the production core infrastructure of the PaaS/SaaS plant.
This position is expected to integrate into the global follow the sun operations model. Products supported by the team includes internally developed applications, vendor applications, as well as open source ones.
- Participate in the on-call rotation shifts in support of our 24x7 global environment.
- Participate in the full product lifecycle including testing, integration, onboarding, deployment, monitoring, operation, maintenance, tuning, and repair of web-based applications and systems in a large scale Cloud/PaaS based environment.
- Perform incident, change, and problem management.
- Manage documentation to be consumed by internal and external facing teams.
- Identify and automate processes wherever possible to improve reliability and efficiency.
- Provide advisory and consultancy to customer base.
- Experience with Linux System Administration preferably Red Hat.
- Experience with web architecture including performance, availability, scalability, and disaster recovery, capacity planning.
- Experience with application level support on PaaS and SaaS
- Experience with monitoring and alerting tools.
- Experience with Perl/Python and Linux shell scripting.
- Experience with networking protocols such as HTTP and TCP/IP. Experience with troubleshooting tools such as TCPdump and Wireshark.
- Experience with security implementations including Kerberos, DMZ, SSL, firewalls, proxy servers.
- Knowledge of Linux lightweight containers and virtualization.
- Knowledge of publish subscribe and message queue systems.
- Knowledge of load-balancing and working with content delivery networks to improve the reliability and reduce the latency.
- Knowledge of RDBMS and NoSQL databases.
- Process improvement by proactively identifying, analyzing, and improving upon existing processes.
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills. The candidate must be capable of writing documentation, making presentations to an internal audience and interacting positively with upper management, colleagues, and customers.
- Independent problem-solving skills, self motivated, and a mindset for taking ownership.
- Operational concepts such as SLA, metrics, and alerts.
- Ability to work in a 24x7 global team.
- Interest and understanding of emerging IT trends.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Permanent