ERD METAL offers a unique combination of comprehensive fabrication capabilities applicable to extruded products - including cutting, stamping, mitering, punching, bending, drilling, milling and assembling metal products. ERD METAL CANADA is seeking an Executive Assistant to join its growing team in the Ottawa region. We are a dynamic, hard-working team of international entrepreneurs seeking team members who are flexible, diligent, and will take extreme ownership and responsibility over their duties. We operate across several different time zones and are seeking someone who can work within these constraints while adhering strictly to company rules and policies. Attendance, punctuality, and perseverance are mandatory requirements for the role. The ideal candidate must be able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced agile environment.
The Executive Assistant role is responsible for providing support to executives and employees, assisting in daily logistics needs and managing ERD METAL CANADA’s general administrative activities (e.g., invoicing, shipping). This role reports to the senior executives of ERD METAL CANADA.
- Attention to Detail: The aptitude to synthesize detailed information reliably and effectively.
- Conscientiousness: The aptitude to take responsibility of actions, follow through on commitments, learn from mistakes of self and others, including the ability to understand the impact of one’s actions on others and the organization.
- Integrity & Transparency: Open adherence to the standards, guidelines, and operating procedures relevant to one’s role and as stipulated by organizational policy.
- Adaptability & Agility: Ability to be receptive and accepting of new ideas, methods, and processes within a disciplined environment.
Required Skills & Abilities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including Excel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Professionalism, tact, and diplomacy
- Initiative and following through on commitments
- Aptitude to follow and execute specific instructions in a timely and efficient manner, providing consistent updates to executives upon task completion
- Strong adherence to attendance policies and company rules
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to adapt to diverse duties and to overcome challenges constructively
- Perform general office duties, such as ordering supplies, logistics, invoicing, maintaining records and management of database systems, expense tracking and performing basic
- Using various office software, including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, and presentation software.
- Organizing and distributing incoming faxes, emails, and other correspondence
- Answer phone calls and direct calls to appropriate parties or take messages and provide support to visitors
- Plans and coordinates all aspects of meeting arrangements and planning
- Composes, edits and proofreads correspondence, meeting agendas, presentations, reports, etc.
- Initiates, plans and carries out a variety of special projects, consultations, information requests or assignments and develops recommendations for the Executives
- Organizes all relevant materials and background documents for meetings, presentations, conference or action required by the Executives
- Attends meetings, takes and distributes minutes at meetings
- Organize, file and retrieve corporate documents, records, and reports
- Other duties as assigned
- 4+ years of Executive Assistant experience
- Must pass a criminal background check, education/employment verification
- Dog friendly workplace
Expected start date: 2020-06-01
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental Care
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extended Health Care
- On-site Parking
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Care
- executive assistant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Quickbooks: 2 years (Preferred)