About Our Client: Our client is a global leader in the consumer services industry.
The Commercial Real Estate Manager will be responsible for the growth, management, and maintenance of our client’s real estate portfolio across North America. Additional responsibilities include drafting and negotiation of all relevant real estate documents, detailed report preparation and presentation, liaising with all real estate development and property personnel and managing inquiries from all stakeholders. The ideal candidate will have strong communication skills along with the ability to travel and execute corporate real estate goals and directives across Canada and the United States. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
This is a fully remote role.
- Build relationships with internal and external stakeholders which may include existing and new franchisees, outside counsel, real estate experts, and environmental specialists.
- Draft, review, negotiate, and manage all letters of intent, offers to lease, leases, estoppels, lease amending agreements, assignment agreements and any other lease related documentation.
- Work with in-house legal team to finalize all documentation.
- Create and execute the real estate strategy based on corporate goals and directives.
- Review and analyze all potential and current lease sites including comparables, site analysis, and collaboration with other departments on proformas.
- Work with internal project manager(s) to develop, manage and review all project and location budgets to ensure accuracy and adherence.
- Review previous leases, agreements, and contracts to determine areas of growth and development.
- Review current leases and renewal options.
- Coordinate or participate in meetings and events, where appropriate, to ensure proficient operation and promotion of all of our client’s properties.
- Coordinate approval and repairs and tenant maintenance on all applicable leased properties.
- Manage all administrative processes.
- Negotiate the completion of necessary property repairs and ensure efficient use of all property materials.
- Work with the internal finance department to reconcile all landlord operating expenses and check for year-to-year consistency.
- Work with internal marketing departments to obtain landlord consent and coordinate municipal approval for corporate branding.
- Execute general policies and best practices assigned from our client.
- Remain current with industry standards and legislative requirements.
- Other duties, relevant to the position, shall be assigned as required.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong Computer and Analytical Skills
- Strong Negotiating Skills
- Customer Focus
- Time Management
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Providing Consultation
- Ethics and Integrity
- Planning and Organizing
- Ability to travel across Canada and the United States as required.
- Ability to work in a matrix organization.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 5-8 years' experience with commercial real estate development and property management utilizing the skills outlined above.
- Commercial Real Estate license preferred.
- Familiarity with franchising and applicable real estate needs are an asset.
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: One location