Royal Oak Village provides Independent & Supportive Living options for seniors in a diverse, active, vibrant and premier community in Lacombe, Alberta.
It takes a special kind of person to work at Royal Oak Village. We look for people who are Passionate to be THE difference in Seniors Living. People who have a real commitment to treating residents with the respect, honor and dignity they deserve. People with the experience, and expertise, to help residents live the lives they envision for themselves. If making a difference in people’s lives is one of the things that make you tick, then you are the right fit for us.
We are currently seeking a Permanent FTE 0.7 Day Healthcare Aide to join our team at our Lacombe location, Royal Oak Village.
Hours of Work: 0700 - 1515
The Healthcare Aide provides basic health services for residents who have medical conditions or major functional limitations. They provide the physical and emotional support residents need to be as independent as possible.
Delivers resident-focused care within full scope of practice of a HCA, in a home-like environment, respecting the individuality and dignity of each resident/family and co-workers including the completion of the following duties:
- Performs the responsibilities of the position within the legislative and regulatory standards set out in the applicable Provincial and Municipal Acts. Performs the responsibilities of the position consistent with Operational Policies.
- Participates in all aspects of personal resident care to ensure the physical, psychological, social and spiritual needs of each resident/family are met.
- Responsible for adhering to and seeking guidance on the principles of safe medication assistance. Medication assistance is a service provided to clients to ensure medication is taken as intended by the prescriber when the client is assessed as being unable to independently take his or her own medications safely.
- Delivers effective and efficient care under the direction of the supervisor that promotes resident/family choice and acknowledges the resident strengths, limitations, as well as their need for safety and the safety of other resident/family and staff.
- Graduate of a Health Care Aide program recognized by Alberta Health Services.
- Two years of experience in a health care institution is preferred.
- Health Care Aide Certificate or equivalent formal education from an approved school.
- Medication Delivery Certificate is a definite requirement
- CPR, and First Aid Certification would be definite asset
- Experience in Assisted Living or Long Term Care setting an asset
- Proficient with computers and software systems
- Must have a strong understanding of the English language
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding, patient, gentle, and non-judgmental
- Mature and dependable
- Ability to work well with others in a team approach, and adapt to changing situations
- Outstanding customer service focus
- Willing and able to keep information about residents confidential
- Respect the resident’s rights to privacy and to be treated with dignity
Royal Oak Village offers an exceptional workplace with a competitive compensation package, opportunity for career growth and exceptional health benefits.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
- Healthcare: 2 years (Preferred)