Senior Accountant – Dilawri Group of Companies
Looking for a great opportunity to work in the largest Automotive Group in the industry?
Due to our continued growth the Dilawri Group, Canada’s largest Automotive Group, is looking for an experienced Senior Accountant to oversee general accounting operations by controlling and verifying our financial transactions. Senior Accountant responsibilities include reconciling schedules and bank statements, maintaining general ledgers, management information reports and prepare financial statement, month end close procedures and quarterly and year-end audit working papers. A successful Senior Accountant combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports and forecasts. If you pride yourself with first-rate internal customer service and possess excellent interpersonal skills, and are process driven then this is a job for you!
Candidates must be experienced in and possess thorough knowledge in:
- Full Cycle Accounting
- Month End Statement Preparation
- Schedules and statements reconciliation
- Understanding of Internal Controls and their importance
- Expense analysis
- Establish and implement appropriate internal controls to improve efficiency of the operations
- GST, PST Filing Preparation
- Canadian Accounting Standards for private enterprise (ASPE)
- Set up and maintaining management information reports
- Year End Audits
- Knowledge and experience in CDK and One-Eighty an asset
To be considered for the position the candidate must have:
- 3-5 Years of accounting experience with at least 1 year as an accountant at an Automotive Dealership
- Bachelor degree or diploma in Accounting, Finance or relevant
- Enrolled in CPA program
- Experience working with department managers to enhance controls and reduce expenses
- Previous automotive experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- A willingness to learn
- A hands-on approach
Reporting to the Regional Controller the candidate must have vast capabilities of problem solving and be able to work under minimal supervision. Must be able to multi-task, work well under high pressure and meet deadlines in a punctual manner.
We offer several opportunities of advancement, competitive compensation and benefits package.
Dilawri Group of Companies is Canada's largest automotive group with 68 franchised dealerships representing 30 automotive brands throughout Quebec, Ontario, Saskatchewan, Alberta, and British Columbia. Privately owned and operated by the Dilawri family since 1985, the company continues to expand its footprint in Canada, building on its history of excellence in the automotive industry. With more than 3,500 employees, Dilawri Group of Companies is proud to offer exceptional products and customer service in every dealership.
Dilawri Group of Companies is not only a leader in the automotive industry, it is also a leader in the communities it serves, having established The Dilawri Foundation in 2002. The Dilawri Foundation has contributed tens of millions of dollars throughout Canada supporting a variety of charitable causes.
To arrange a confidential interview please submit Resume and Cover Letter to Human Resources.
Job Type: Full-time