Allstate Canada is growing our claims team and is looking for enthusiastic, motivated individuals who want to start their career in insurance.
If you join Allstate’s Claims department, you will first attend our comprehensive claims training program that will provide you with the knowledge and tools to successfully jump start your claims career.
As a Claim Advisor, you will ensure our customers are in “Good Hands®” at a time when they need us the most. Providing superior customer service at all times, you will investigate, assess and negotiate automobile claims over the phone.
To meet our customer’s needs, your work week will be: Monday to Friday 11am – 7pm, plus one Saturday per month, 9am-4pm.
*Note: work hours depend on the needs of the department.
As a Claim Advisor, your responsibilities include:
- At your first contact with a customer, you will review their insurance policy and coverages and answer any questions they may have
- You will investigate the customer’s loss and determine liability and the best way to settle the claim
- This role requires you to collaborate with the customer, our service suppliers (i.e. towing, repair shops), other insurance companies and law enforcement
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum high school education or equivalent
- Customer Service experience is required
- Call centre experience is strongly preferred
- Commitment to providing outstanding customer service
- Proficient keyboard skills and computer literacy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly motivated and able to work well independently
- Enrolled in (or willing to enroll in) or completion of CIP designation
- Automobile insurance related experience an asset
- Fluency in other languages is an asset
Allstate Canada Group has policies and practices that provide workplace accommodations. If you require accommodation please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Allstate Insurance Company of Canada is one of the country’s leading producers and distributors of home and auto insurance products, serving Canadians since 1953. Allstate is committed to making a positive difference in the communities in which it operates and has partnered with organizations such as Mothers Against Drunk Driving, United Way, and The Canadian Museum of Nature. To learn more about Allstate Canada, visit www.allstate.ca .
We’re proud to have made Aon Hewitt’s 2018 list of the Best Employers in Canada!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent