1 Presidents Choice Circle, Brampton, Ontario, L6Y 5S5
C’est toute une décision que de se joindre à une entreprise. Nous offrons des perspectives d’emploi à des personnes qui, comme vous, sont travaillantes, dynamiques et fiables.
Pourquoi ce role est-il important?
Are you at the top of your game? Bring your expertise and knowledge to Canada’s largest retailer. We are looking for smart, nice and curious team members to help bring our Data & Analytics game to the next level. This is an exciting time to join our team – we are changing the game in a big way!
If you are looking to join a company that offers unlimited opportunity, excellent leadership, world-class training and makes a big impact on the community – this is the role you’ve been waiting for!
The Data & Analytics team at Loblaw is hiring a Senior Data Architect with strong data background in cloud and big data ecosystems. Reporting to the Senior Director – Data Management, the incumbent will be responsible for the end-to-end design and architecture of data solutions that support our Analytics, BI and ML/AI capabilities. He or she will be responsible for conceptualizing, designing and implementing future-proof data architectures at project and enterprise levels.
The data architect will be an ambassador of our data management standards and best practices and will be responsible for maintaining up-to-date documentation on data models and architecture artifacts. The successful candidate will be passionate about data and have a strong foundation of data management and governance concepts.
What You'll Do:
What You'll Bring:
- Design robust, reusable and scalable data solutions and pipeline frameworks to automate ingestion, processing and delivery of batch and real-time streaming data.
- Build and maintain conceptual, logical and physical data models for transactional, BI and analytical platforms.
- Lead the development and on-going maintenance of our target state data architecture roadmap in collaboration with technology and business partners. Ensure on-going alignment of new and existing data initiatives with the target state data architecture.
- Define standards and best practices for enterprise data management framework.
- Play an active role in all stages of a data solution life cycle: acquisition, ingestion, curation, publication, quality and metadata to ensure consistency with data management standards and best practices.
- Assist with data-related technical challenges and perform root-cause analysis to answer specific business questions and recommend and implementing ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality.
- Assist in the selection of data management tools required to expand our platform capability. Make recommendations to senior management.
- Lead cloud architecture sessions for GCP
- Design/build CICD pipelines using Jenkins and Bitbucket
- Automate the promotion and deploy of DDL to BigQuery with a CICD pipeline based on bitbucket
- University degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field.
- 5+ years of experience with data warehousing, big data and cloud technologies with focus on the data architecture discipline.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with
o Data modeling or architecture tools (ERWin)
o BI visualization software (Power BI, Qlikview)
o Data catalog software (Informatica EDC, IBM Infosphere, Collibra)
o Data quality management (IBM IA, Informatica IDQ)
What You Can Expect:
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in architecture, design and development of enterprise data solutions that enables well integrated transactional, BI and analytical platforms.
- 5+ years of experience with relational databases (Teradata, Oracle, SQL Server) and big data technologies (Hadoop, Hive)
- Deep experience with data modeling, analysis, metadata and quality.
- Advanced knowledge of SQL queries
- Experience with Cloud data platforms technologies: Azure Data Lake Store, Azure Databricks, Google Cloud Platform (Data Proc, Dataflow, Big Query).
- Strong Communication and interpersonal skills
- Superb analytical and conceptual thinking skills; to not only manipulate but also derive meaningful interpretations from data
- Ability to take initiative, multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Capability to liaise with all levels across the enterprise on projects and ad-hoc requests
- Strong detail orientation is essential in this role
- A Team player and self-starter
- Cloud computing (e.g., applications, infrastructure, storage, platforms, data), as well as cloud market and competitive dynamics.
- Building, architecting, designing, and implementing highly-distributed global cloud-based systems.
- Experience with structured Enterprise Architecture practices, hybrid cloud deployments, and on-premise-to-cloud migration deployments and roadmaps.
- Make recommendations on integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms, and application infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution providing best practice advice to optimize Google Cloud effectiveness
- GCP Training including BigQuery considered an asset
- GCP Professional Data Engineer certification considered an asset
We are a team of diverse and ambitious analysts, who cultivate a friendly and inclusive work environment where you can be yourself. Our employees’ development is at the core of our business, offering endless possibilities for growth, learning and mobility. Let us help grow your skills through one of our many resources including the Loblaw Virtual Learning Centre, where you have access to hundreds of learning tools, or through casual coffee chats with our leaders who were once in your shoes.
Other perks of joining Loblaw:
o Competitive compensation and benefits package
o Office with incredible amenities including an on-site gym, volleyball court and basketball court (turned ice rink in the winter!)
o A flexible work environment which values balance
o Colleague Discount Program
o Tuition reimbursement Program
o Employee Share Ownership plan
o Pension Plan
If the above sounds like a great fit, then we would love to hear from you! Apply today, and get the process started. If you meet the above requirements, expect a call from one of our recruiters, followed by an in-person interview. Our recruitment process will allow you to meet and interact with colleagues at various levels of our business to give you a great perspective of life at Loblaw.
We thank all candidates for their interest but please note, those candidates who meet the minimum requirements for the position will be contacted.
Comment R é ussir:
Chez Loblaw, nous recherchons toujours des personnes formidables pour continuellement renforcer notre culture. Nous croyons que les gens formidables façonnent nos valeurs, sont authentiques, bâtissent la confiance et créent des liens.
Si cela vous ressemble et que vous êtes ouvert d’esprit, que vous avez une bonne attitude face aux changements et que vous aimez les défis d’un environnement de travail aux détails dynamiques, postulez aujourd’hui.
En outre, nous croyons que la conformité aux lois consiste à faire ce qu'il faut. Le respect de la loi fait partie de notre Code de conduite; il renforce ce que nos clients et nos parties prenantes attendent de nous.
Loblaw considère que la diversité culturelle du Canada est une source de fierté nationale et un symbole de force. Nous nous sommes donné comme priorité de refléter la diversité croissante du Canada dans les produits que nous vendons, les gens que nous embauchons et notre culture d’entreprise. Des accommodements sont disponibles sur demande pour les postulants et collègues atteints d’un handicap.
Si vous avez accès à Libre-service de l’employé (ESS) dans Workday, veuillez postuler à cet emploi en utilisant l’application Workday.