Field Service Technician
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Together we can make a difference!
At Getinge we are dedicated and passionate about helping our customers save lives and ensure excellent care. We provide innovations for operating rooms, intensive-care units, sterilization departments and for life science companies and institutions. Our portfolio combines well-known product brands such as Maquet, Pulsion, Atrium, Lancer and Datascope – just to name a few.
A career at Getinge will provide career opportunities that both inspire and challenge. Here, you can make a difference every day.
Within the Service department we are looking for…
Field Service Technician, Infection Control.
The Field Service Technician for the Infection Control business unit provides preventative maintenance and repair services at the customer’s establishment. This will include working with sterilizers, washers, and all other medical devices. They will follow manufacturer’s instructions and utilize knowledge of mechanical, hydraulic, and electronic equipment.
They will also actively promote Getinge’s service and equipment offerings. This position would be responsible for high-level security facilities.
This role is responsible for:
- Providing preventative maintenance at customer establishments in accordance with established procedures and techniques using proper tools, test equipment and replacement parts.
- Comply with all health and safety codes and procedures as mandated by Getinge policies, customer requirements and regulatory agencies.
- Establish and maintain positive and cooperative working relationships with customers and all Getinge personnel.
- Maintain personal competence for meeting job responsibilities through effective use of product information and technical data provided by Getinge and others.
- Participate in training seminars, meetings and on-the-job training programs. Demonstrate an understanding of and an ability to apply concepts and knowledge obtained from these training and skill development sources.
- Accurately prepare and submit on schedule all required reports.
- Maintain expenses and required inventory within guidelines and limits established by the Area Service Manager.
- Provide services to customers in accordance with the terms, conditions and responsibilities stated in Getinge’s published warranty and maintenance contract policies.
- Satisfactorily complete all training as required by Getinge training and certification processes, regulatory bodies, and quality systems.
- Providing customers with on-call availability.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
We are looking for the following experience, knowledge and abilities:
- 3-5 years’ relevant business experience including decision-making, managing or supervising, and a minimum 3 years’ experience in high volume field service environment.
- Must hold a valid Journeyman Electrician license or limited M Electrical license.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Capable of managing time and resources within the assigned territory in conjunction with near-term plans to ensure the territory’s objectives are achieved.
- Ensure compliance with governmental regulations and maintaining honesty, integrity and excellent work ethics.
- Able to enhance teamwork within the region and maintain a collaborative relationship with all levels of the organization.
- Able to influence others and function effectively in a team selling approach.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication and listening skills.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve service quota.
- Basic to intermediate Microsoft Office skills in Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Ability to travel within Canada and on occasion internationally (Passport Required).
- Valid driver’s License.
This role will be located in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you share our passion and believe that saving lives is the greatest job in the world, then we look forward to receiving your application. We hope you will join us on our journey to become the world’s most desired medtech company.
For immediate consideration, please submit resume.
Along with diverse daily challenges, we will also provide you with excellent pay, benefits, and extensive training. Make a difference with a company that cares about what you have to contribute and clients that rely heavily on your expertise.
We value diversity. Getinge is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/D/V
Job Type: Full-time