Since 1964 the MCW Group has built a solid reputation for the delivery of Professional Consulting Engineering Services, Energy Management Services, and Engineering Development Services. The systems designed by the MCW Group of Companies are built to deliver energy effectively in the form of lighting, heating and cooling, as well as information in the form of voice and data. By the very nature of the solutions provided, the MCW Group of Companies help to create the environments required for Clients to live, educate, work, play and heal.
MCW provides a broad range of smart building solutions to our clients across Canada. This includes buildings and facilities with building automation systems, metering, sensors, and smart building software platforms. Building owners and managers are increasingly adopting these smart building technologies to manage services, ensure mission critical operations, and minimize impact to operations and budget. Our Company is currently seeking a Smart Building Energy Analyst to join one of our offices nation wide. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to gain valuable hands-on work experience in a dynamic, team-based working environment.
Smart Building Energy Analyst
Ideally the candidate would be located in either of Calgary, Toronto, Moncton or Halifax. MCW has other offices coast to coast in Canada.
The Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
Deliver MCW Connect Projects
- Liaison with client (external or internal) to develop and provide data-driven analytics and ongoing commissioning and optimization of HVAC systems to a portfolio of buildings.
- Optimize Air-side systems, Boilers and Chiller plant operations through control sequence improvements.
- Liaise with third-party BAS technicians to promote data directed condition based maintenance.
- Assist in identification of Energy Conservation Measures (ECMs) and Measurement and Verification (M&V).
Support MCW Project and Business Objectives
Qualifications, Experience, and Education:
- Demonstrate understanding of Client projects and use cases, toward supporting business development activities.
- University Degree or College Diploma in Building Science/Computer Science, or Engineering Degree.
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM) or other commissioning or M&V related certification from CIET would be considered an asset.
- HVAC, Controls, and/or Building Operations experience is desirable.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience.
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel and Word
Job Specific Competencies:
- Confident, self-motivated, and comfortable quickly grasping new technologies.
- Understanding of the energy performance contracting model, engineering consulting environment.
- Working understanding of HVAC, BAS Controls, Condition Based Maintenance, Electrical Distribution and Thermal Dynamics
- Exposure to BAS protocols such as BACnet, oBIX and Modbus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Exposure to Meta data applications such as the use of tags and standards, e.g. Project Haystack.
- Exposure to ongoing commissioning, fault detection and diagnostics, performance measurement and verification.
- Achievement Orientation - Focusing efforts on achieving high quality results consistent with the organizations standards
- Analytical Thinking – Analyzing and synthesizing complex situations and information to understand issues identify options and support sound decision-making
- Attention to Detail – Working in a conscientious, consistent and thorough manner
- Client Focus – Provides added value through service excellence to internal and/or external clients
- Continuous Learning – Identifying and addressing learning and developmental needs to enhance own performance
- Interactive Communication - Listening to others and communicating articulately, fostering open communication
- Problem Solving – Identifying problems and the solutions to them
- Project Management - Planning, implementing, monitoring and completing projects, ensuring effective management of scope, resources, time, cost, quality, risk and communications
- Relationship Building - Establishing, sustaining and fostering professional contacts to build, enhance and connect networks for work purposes
- Resilience – Remains energized and focused in the face of ambiguity, change or strenuous demands
- Team Leadership - Assuming a leadership role in helping others achieve excellent results
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MCW Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer.
MCW Group of Companies welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.