We are looking for a Full-Time Van Delivery Driver who holds a valid Class 5 License to work out of our Winnipeg, MB, branch. We are looking for someone who strives for high levels of customer service, teamwork, and efficiency. We take pride in our fill rates, accuracy, and safety records. Following set delivery routes and delivering product orders to retail environments each day with high customer service levels.
Come join our team!
*****This is not your typical driving job. 70% is spent unloading and delivering products to our customers while 30% of the shift is spent driving and operating newer model company-owned vehicles*****
Monday - Friday. Overtime when Available.
Can all be discussed further during the interview.
- Minimum Valid Class 5 License
- Recent and satisfactory driver abstract
- *Requires at minimum 2 years of clean driving experience, commercial driving preferred*
- Knowledge of Winnipeg and area will be considered an asset
- Criminal Record Check will be conducted upon hiring
Role: Delivery Driver
- Van/ Straight truck direct store delivery
- Will train delivery aspects of the W&C processes
- Accurate counts in loading van each day and following set delivery routes to deliver products to retail store environments
- Building relationships with customers on each route to help their needs
- Working in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Physically fit and can lift heavy items (up to 50lbs occasionally) as this job entails delivery to various stores with power equipment, hand pallet jacks & Dollie/2-wheeler
- Safe, efficient, and productive deliveries & pickups of products as per routes
- High focus on safety Perform pre and post-trip inspections
- Daily Logbook entries High level of customer service
- Ability to work in a team environment with good listening, verbal, and written communication skills
What we offer:
- Employer PAID Benefits
- Company Events such as BBQs,
- Teammate appreciation awards, Service Awards, Draws, to name a few!
- Free parking at our branch
- ONLY AS A TEAM Environment!
- Come join a Family company that has been in business 100 Years!
Applicants with the following experience have successful transferable skills and be equally considered: fork lift, counterbalance forklift, forklift driver, warehouse, reach truck, reach truck operator, reachtruck, warehouse worker, raymond reach operator, counterbalance forklift operator, shipper, receiver, shipper/receiver, shipper and receiver, shipping receiving, warehouse, warehouse worker, general labourer, laborer, labourer, labor, laborer, order picker, inventory clerk, material handler, order picker
Watch this video to learn more about what we do https://fb.watch/aElrTIU7v_/
#wallaceandcarey to learn more about who we are and why you should be a part of our team!
WALLACE & CAREY (www.wacl.com) is Canada’s largest independent distributor servicing customers coast to coast and every postal code in the Country. Family-owned and operated since 1921 we have an “only as a team” approach to each day looking after our teammates needs allowing them to perform to their best.
Our commitment to each other is to work together in a positive and fair work environment, recognizing individual contributions to the achievement of our collective goals: profitability, excellence, and growth.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected will be contacted.
Wallace & Carey is an equal opportunity employer that strives to provide an inclusive work environment that involves everyone and embraces the diverse talent of its teammates. All qualified applicants and teammates will receive consideration for employment, or in terms of conditions of employment, without regard to any enumerated or analogous ground of discrimination, including race, religious beliefs, colour, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical disability, age, ancestry, place of origin, marital status, source of income, family status, sexual orientation or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From $17.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Wellness program
- Day shift
- Morning shift
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- WINNIPEG, MB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Class 5 Licence (required)
Work Location: In person