We are seeking Processing Technicians to perform post harvest duties: drying, trimming, packaging and order fulfillment at our Pickering facility.
- Learns and performs proper techniques for all post harvesting operations in an efficient manner that complies with all regulations.
- Cleans any/all production areas to ensure no cross contamination occurs.
- Documents daily work on the production sheet to follow SOP guidelines
- Follows appropriate control measures to prevent mixing of batches and/or weights of batches.
- Performs in-process and post-process quality assurance testing and conducting visual inspections to ensure the product meets or exceeds quality standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Performing his/her duties in a safe manner and environment while adhering to all governmental regulations for this industry.
- Ensure 100% compliance and accuracy involving all product tracking, product security, and product movement procedures.
- Assist in monitoring processing supplies and inventory.
Education: High School Diploma or G.E.D minimum.
Must be age of Majority in Ontario
Experience: The ideal candidate will have at least one to three years of manufacturing and packaging experience with a focus on ensuring product safety, consumer safety and satisfaction, and high product quality.
Physical Requirements: standing, walking, bending, lifting up to 30 pounds, carrying product totes, pushing carts, moving and making adjustments to process equipment.
Competencies/Additional Requirements include:
- Attention to details
- Effective communication skills
- Strong work ethic
- Willingness to learn and improve each operation
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks for long periods of time (i.e., trimming plants, weighing product, and regular inventory).
- Availability to work occasional weekends and holidays
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $14.00 per hour
- Manufacturing and Packaging: 1 year (Preferred)
- Pickering, ON (Preferred)