Located just south of Barrie and 45 minutes north of Toronto, the Town of Innisfil (pop. 36,000) is a growing community that prides itself on having a small-town feel while offering modern amenities such as a transit system powered by ridesharing, cutting-edge libraries, sports facilities and access to the beautiful Lake Simcoe. Town staff and its Council are dedicated to helping the community grow in a sustainable way to become a place that is connected physically, socially, culturally and digitally. Innisfil is a dynamic, cross functional workforce that prides itself in delivering excellent customer service and fostering innovative thinking and it places a high value on collaboration and inclusivity. Innisfil’s Culture statement below defines who they are now, who they are becoming and who they strive to be:
- Be Your Best Self: We follow our passions with humour, harmony, and happiness. We value authenticity, flexibility, and striking a balance – between independence and collaboration, between hard work and time for zen – with plenty of surprises in between.
- Belong: We all belong here. Unified by compassion, inclusivity, trust and respect, we embrace the diversity that makes us individuals and inspired us to achieve more together.
- Excel: We have the freedom to succeed – and the freedom to fail. Our bold, fearless enthusiasm empowers us to take risks, to innovate, and to grow.
We are seeking an intrinsically motivated, engaging and dynamic leader to oversee Innisfil’s Operations team, with a specific focus on the roads division. Reporting to the Strategic Leader, Operations and working within Innisfil’s “One Town, One Team” approach, the Operations Manager will work in a dynamic, collaborative, cross-functional environment with a safety-first focus and will be accountable for ensuring that operational activities and work projects comply with legislation and town policies and procedures. The Operations Manager will provide leadership, coaching, mentoring, advice and guidance to Field Supervisors who will direct day to day frontline operations. Key accountabilities and deliverables include:
- Reviewing, monitoring and ensuring compliance of operational field records, activities and sites in accordance with operational policies and government regulations.
- Making proactive recommendations to ensure that infrastructure is in place for planned growth.
- Managing the maintenance of municipal infrastructure including roads, sewers, sidewalks, walkways, parking lots, street lighting, traffic signals and bridges.
- Representing the Town in legal matters, giving evidence in matters related to the service area.
- Maintaining liaison and responding to inquiries/concerns from other service areas and agencies
- Preparing and managing operating and capital budgets, including budget recommendations, forecasting and administration.
- Developing RFP/RFQ’s for service area requirements.
- Developing, administering, supervising and executing service area contractual works.
- Overseeing and developing tender/bid documents capital projects.
Required Education, Skills & Experience
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in Civil Engineering (or the equivalent). Certified Engineering Technologist (CET) designation or Roads Supervisor (CRS) designation would be an asset.
- 5+ years’ municipal public works/road operations and/or construction maintenance experience, with 5+ years supervisory experience in a unionized environment overseeing roads and related infrastructure.
- Thorough knowledge of road maintenance, construction and design, equipment operations and maintenance and contract administration.
- A valid Class “G” driver’s license in good standing is required.
- A class “DZ” license and vehicle to use on corporate business would be an asset.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $83,000.00 to $101,000.00 /year
- Supervisory: 5 years (Required)
- operations management: 5 years (Required)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Required)
- DZ (Preferred)
- CET and CRS (Preferred)
- G (Required)