Landscape Team Member/ Leader
Let’s Landscape Together, L9H 7H8
You know that landscaping is about much more than mowing lawns and trimming hedges.
It’s about beautifying outdoor spaces and creating stunning landscapes for generations of families to enjoy. It’s about creating inviting outdoor features where people can gather and make lifelong memories.
That’s why for you, landscaping isn’t just a job – it’s a career.
We’re Let’s Landscape Together, and we’re looking for you, our newest Landscaper, to join our award-winning team.
Located in Waterdown, we’ve spent the past 20 years designing, building and maintaining landscapes across the Golden Horseshoe. We’re proud of the team we’ve built - our employees come first and feel like family – and we can’t wait for you to join us.
Your main goal in this position is to work on landscaping projects at customers’ homes.
We design and build features like patios, flowerbeds, gardens, walkways, pools, sheds, and more. It’ll be your job to work on these projects from start to finish. You’ll delight our customers with each job you complete.
You’ll start your day by reporting to our office. You’ll gather any materials and tools you need for the day and load your work vehicle before heading to the site. Along with your crew, you’ll spend anywhere between one to four weeks at one customer’s home as you finish their project.
Using tools (like wheelbarrows, shovels, rakes, skid steers and excavators) and your landscaping (or construction) experience, you’ll build beautiful outdoor features for customers. You’ll feel comfortable interacting with them occasionally, to address questions or concerns.
While you build their landscapes, you’ll also build customers’ trust by being knowledgeable and confident, and by interacting with them in a professional, courteous, and friendly way.
Some landscaping or construction experience will prepare you well for this role. What matters more though, is your attitude and willingness to learn. You’re the right person for this role if you:
- Take pride in what you do – you’ll treat our customers’ homes as if they are your own. You do your work with an attention to detail that shows our customers you care. You take satisfaction in job well done.
- Take initiative – you’re proactive, always looking for ways to improve the way you do your work.
- Truly enjoy physical labour and working outdoors – you love feeling the sun on your face as your work outside. You don’t want to be stuck at a desk in an office – you want to bemoving around and staying in shape.
- Want landscaping to be your career - we’re a well-established business, with room to grow. As you build your landscaping skills, you can progress into more senior roles.
This is a full-time position. With on call work int the winter months (in the winter, our services also include snow plowing and removal).
We have a benefits package available and RSP/DPSP contributions (after one year).
Working @ Let’s Landscape Together
Our employees love working with us because their voices are heard, and they’re treated like family. Working here means you’ll have a say, you’ll feel appreciated, and you’ll be recognized and rewarded for your contributions. Our crews genuinely enjoy working together. We have fun on the job, while doing things the right way for our customers. We’re a team of landscape professionals who love what we do.
- Landscaping or construction experience
- Experience working outdoors
- Experience using landscaping tools (wheelbarrows, shovels, rakes, etc.) or comfortable using construction tools
- Experience in a role involving physical labour (e.g. landscaping, construction, other skilled trades)
- Experience in a customer facing role is an asset
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record an asset
How to Apply
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete person – not just a resume.
Let’s Landscape Together welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.During the hiring process, tell job applicants when they are selected for an interview that accommodation will be provided.If an applicant or successful candidate requests an accommodation, discuss their needs with them and make adjustments to support them.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 to $35.00 /hour
- landscaping: 1 year (Preferred)