WHO ARE WE?
Vision: youbloom’s vision is to make live music performance easier and better for all.
Mission: youbloom’s mission is to expand the delivery of amazing live music experiences fostered by increasing the connectedness of fans, artists, promoters and venues.
BACKGROUND - youbloomDublin & youbloomLA
youbloom took off in 2009 as a weekly song contest. In 2010, it evolved into an annual online song contest, with judging led by The Boomtown Rats frontman, Bob Geldof. After three years, the song contest morphed in 2013 into youbloomDublin, a showcase music festival and conference in Dublin, Ireland, with 91 artists/bands from 11 countries. In 2014, the following year, Los Angeles was added with the launch of youbloomLA, a parallel music festival and conference. As a result, youbloom is connected to thousands of artists and hundreds of music industry leaders and companies.
In 2017, the company conceived youbloomConnect, curated, emerging artist, high quality live and online music shows with audience sizes 75 to 150 in unique settings in local cities delivered by local youbloom promoters called CityReps. These musically diverse shows are boosted by youbloom algorithms that increase the connectedness of fans, artists and CityReps. We plan to grow to 15 CityReps by the end of 2020 and reach 60 by the end of 2021.
WHO ARE YOU?
Are you a passionate, entrepreneurial live/online music events/performances, promoter with ongoing experience in putting on/promoting live music shows?
youbloom is looking to connect with live music and other event promoters, who also share our vision of making live music more accessible in cities around the world.
CityReps work as an independent contractor (working on a revenue share/commission basis) with fan requesting, street team fans, artist partnering, ticketing and all the admin/back office and online show logistics, taken care of by youbloom. youbooom provides a show management system and A&R support. Information on revenue sharing/commission, will be provided in the application process.
- Production of the highest quality shows
- Recruitment and programming of artists/bands (including drawing on artists in the youbloom data base)
- Recruitment of unique venues
- Leading all show production
- Develop and manage cost effective budgets
- Manage host/venue capacities and ensure safety and comfort of attendees, creating the best possible live music experience
- Research equipment needs and costs as relevant
- Oversee and ensure special permits are handled for each event if needed
- Create and issue the Show Operations & Emergency Action Plan
- Success with delivering live music shows or other types of events
- Success with online/offline marketing to generate audiences for events
- Proven ability to manage a team
- Motivated with an “Nothing is impossible” approach
As part of the application process, please answer all the questions given below:
-youbloom shows are curated, emerging/independent artist, music shows with audience sizes 50 to 150 in unique settings. Is this a good fit for you? If so, could you tell us why it’s a good fit?
-youbloom CityReps are independent contractors who work on a revenue share/commission basis. We will provide more details about how this works following the initial Q&A. Are you ok with working on this basis in principle?
-What other business experience do you have? Educational experience?
-How many local artists do you know in your city?
-How many influencers/bloggers etc. do you know in your city?
-How acquainted are you with local venues/hosts in or around your city?
-How acquainted are you with the local promoters in your city?
-Have you worked in the music business? Tell us about the roles you played in the music business?
-Have you put on live music events yourself?
Job Types: Part-time, Commission
- leading ongoing emerging/independent music live music shows: 1 year (Required)
- music industry: 3 years (Preferred)