Reporting to the Senior GM -- Valve Division, you will be a key member of Curtiss-Wright's senior management team. You will possess outstanding leadership qualities and integrity beyond reproach. Your demonstrated high energy drives your strong desire to succeed. You will work effectively across all functional lines and be a team player who is capable of motivating others, with an unmatched ability to exceed performance expectations.
As GM, you will provide leadership and vision to DynaFlo as well as additional business unit responsibilities. You will be accountable for ensuring proper operational controls, procedures, and systems within the company. You will be accountable for obtaining the performance objectives of the organization including revenue growth, profitability, cash generation, customer satisfaction, technology development, operational improvements, and talent development through your direct reports. With full P&L responsibility, you will direct strategic and operational initiatives to effectively grow the business and ensure financial strength and operating efficiency.
Working within the Valve Division structure (with shared Regional Sales Management) you will:
- Have full management responsibility for all business operations (P&L). Immediate task will be to assume control of the business; familiarize him/herself with the Business Unit, its activities, customers, current strategy, plans and policies
- Ensure tight control is maintained over business performance and that operating management responds quickly and effectively to any problems or adverse trends
- Review current value proposition, and operating plans and agree on the immediate and mid-term courses of action to be pursued.
- Identify, lead and engage in key business development activities which drive mid to longer term sustainable growth in revenue such as geographic and target market expansion, new product development and introduction, etc.
- Take a role in identifying, developing and integrating the selling efforts, resources, and sales channel with Valve Division Sales Director(s) ensuring expanded global coverage for the Dyna-Flo brand.
- Be responsible for supporting Applications and R&D engineering activities. Provide a central focus for product development including concept definition, product and technology road maps, long range planning (staff and technology needs), and sustaining engineering
- Have accountability for establishing and meeting commitments for market driven lead-times and on-time deliveries.
- Proactively resolve technical, people, and production issues to ensure success of the team and consistent production of products
- Support the Division in the development of Branding strategies, ensure branding strategies are implemented, ensure sales tools and promotional material is available for product launch
- Develop and maintain relationships with customers, sales representatives, third party providers, etc.
- Ensure compliance with company standards for revenues, efficiencies, cost control, waste reduction, quality, safety, and complete on-time delivery
- Provide leadership across the organization for problem resolution to facilitate faster improvements and improved working relationships
- Manage compliance with local and national regulatory bodies
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Business (or equivalent). An advanced educational degree in Business Management, Marketing, or the equivalent is preferred
- A minimum of 10 - 12 years of direct industry experience in managing business functions
- Understanding of the Process Industry market drivers
- Solid understanding of running a complex multi-product and multi-value stream business.
- Ability to manage and negotiate with an international large supply chain
- Experience in acquisition integration a strong advantage
- Exposure to International business and managing a multi-national operational company
- Direct experience managing manufacturing operations plus a Sales and Marketing background
- Ability to improve working capital position (Inventory, Receivables and Payables)
- Solid understanding of operating within Low Cost Economy supply countries, specifically China
- Proficient with Regulatory bodies that govern the process control industry: ASME, ISO 9000, API, PED, CSA, CSQL
- Conversant with the processes, equipment and safety issues related to Machining, Assembly & Test environment
Additionally, the candidate must possess the following characteristics:
- Growth-minded and learning oriented
- Track record of producing results, meeting financial targets, and leading product development
- A career demonstrating increased responsibility and acknowledged as a leader in best practice management
- Entrepreneurial and innovative spirit and sense of urgency
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to build and develop effective working relationships
- Strong collaboration and partnership skills with experience working across business groups with the ability to listen, solve complex problems, and deal with ambiguity
- Able to articulate a vision and prudent risk taker
- Proven ability to develop and implement new strategies in a competitive business environment
- Ability to attract, recruit, retain and develop talent -- both as individuals and teams with a strong coaching ability
- Recognize that Safety and Customer Service are high priority responsibilities
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations such as the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must meet eligibility requirements of the ITAR and of the Controlled Goods Directorate (CGD) and be eligible for a security clearance through the Canadian Government.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled