The Finance & Payroll Administrator is responsible for the administration of the company’s time and attendance and payroll systems. This position is responsible for the timely and accurate delivery of payroll and related client service, including recordkeeping and reporting. The Finance & Payroll Administrator provides accounting and project management support to Finance.
Note: This Job Description may not encompass the entire scope of this role, as other duties maybe assigned by management.
Payroll and Administration
- First point of contact for employees for time and attendance and payroll;
- Process payroll and maintain payroll information as required:
- Date entry for all time and attendance and personnel transactions such as new hire, termination, leave of absence, benefits deductions, garnishments, etc.;
- Vendor transactions including, Employee Benefits etc.;
- Gross to net calculation, audit and balancing;
- Prepare and maintain related payroll records and reports;
- Document workflow and work procedures;
- Cross-trains designated back-up to administer and process time and attendance and payroll;
- Employee Benefits administration i.e. enrollment, answer claim queries;
- Year-end balancing of RL-1, T4 & reconciliation;
- Managing raising bonus report and input in the system;
- Driver adjustments through GT payroll system;
- Administering group insurance plans;
- Government calls – garnishes & alimony;
- Incorporated individuals.
Time and Attendance, Payroll and Human Resource Management Systems
- Reporting monthly absenteeism, personal days and vacations;
- Works closely with Human Resources and assists with HRMS implementation, testing, maintenance, and security;
- Research and resolve problems, perform scheduled activities, and liaison with service providers;
- Prepare and maintain standard and ad hoc reports, queries, and conduct appropriate audits to ensure data integrity;
- Prepare and maintain accurate records;
- Managing union dues – reporting to the union;
- Document workflow and work procedures;
- CSST & WSIB – processing the paperwork, creating files, getting informations, filling the forms, etc.
- Printing supplies like trip sheets, cheques, business cards, etc.;
- Reallocation of expenses for petty cash;
- Clearing broker’s fuel and A/R;
- Generates and adjust sales reports for upper management;
- Managing advances for employees;
- Equipment files and invoices (assets);
- Provide accounting support to Finance personnel:
- Accounts Receivable;
- Accounts Payable;
- Accounting and reporting.
- Support different projects including, preparation of documents, and follow-up on timelines and deliverables;
- Participate on cross-functional teams.
- Performs other related work as required.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting, or related field, or equivalent business experience is required;
- Certified Payroll Professional, Canadian Payroll Association preferred;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with primary responsibility for time and attendance, payroll administration and processing;
- 1-3 years of experience supporting finance and accounting, including accounts receivable, accounts payable and general accounting.
Knowledge & Qualifications
- Knowledge of payroll and accounting practices and principles;
- Knowledge of provincial and federal employment laws relating to key areas of responsibility.
- Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects;
- Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings;
- Expresses ideas clearly and effectively;
- Strong listening skills - listens to understand; is not judgmental;
- Conflict resolution - confronts problems openly and works constructively to find common ground.
- Bilingual candidates preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Intermediate MS Office;
- Knowledge of Sage(Imprtant)
- Knowledge of ADP(Important)
- Intermediate desktop publishing and document management software;
- Familiar with HRMS, specifically Time and Attendance and Payroll;
- Organized approach to work;
- Identifies problems and works to find a solution.
- Ability to multi-task and attend to detail in a fast-paced dynamic environment;
- Seeks ways to add value to the organization;
- Has a genuine desire to help people; has respect and empathy for others;
- Seeks to understand issues and trends.
- Personal accountability -- knows own strengths and weaknesses and accepts responsibility for actions;
- Demonstrates consistency between words and actions;
- Inspires trust and confidence of others;
- High standard of ethical behavior;
- Respectful of those not present;
- Demonstrates confidence in the face of challenges;
- Recovers quickly from problems and setbacks;
- Responds with flexibility to multiple demands and change;
- Sets priorities – can describe goals of a project and results to be achieved;
- Initiates and follows through to completion;
- Balance of professional and personal life;
- Ability to perform with minimal daily supervision.
- This position no direct reports.
Job Type: Full-time
- Payroll: 5 years (Preferred)